Burn the 2022 Witches Vol. I

Imagine the uproar if Masoli had been the quarterback turning it over 4 times and scoring 13 points.
Just sayin.
It’s nice to see people defend Evans. It’s too bad they didn’t do the same with Masoli.
Double standard?

6 Likes

Ottawa going to GC with Masoli, Acklin & Burke. Unfortunately, Ticats destined to miss playoffs this year.

1 Like

You'll be happy to hear that in addition to stealing your best players, GC bound Ottawa is ALSO planning to take a knee in the endzone.

1 Like

The best thing about Masoli being gone this year is that we won't have to read 300 posts in the gameday thread about how every single thing was Masoli's fault.

7 Likes

Don Jackson: 5 carries for 1 yard.

He would need 500 carries for a 100 yard rushing performance. :smile:

2 Likes

That's a lot of carries.

1 Like

That's a little premature. Don't forget the Cats started out like crap last year also. They eventually clawed there way into the Grey Cup.

4 Likes

Forget kicking, punting, qb, receivers, pass rush. If the oline keeps playing like that we are done. This was almost a carbon copy of game 2 in Regina last year.

Saxelid’s injury doesn’t look good and Woodmansey is already on 6 game. Our only Cdn backup is Okafor right now. Does any team carry fewer offensive linemen on the roster than we do? Between free agency and the draft we’ve really let the cupboard run bare here.

6 Likes

Then it's a good thing that they're starting out like crap again. This strategy obviously works.

We'll be seeing you guys in Week 3. Should we expect an immediate surrender or are the Cats planning to deviate from their 'Master Plan' and risk missing a trip to Regina in November?

By the way... our team totally sucks right now so this 'play like crap' initiative couldn't have come at a better time. Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

They DID that already. :laughing:

3 Likes

From about the middle of last season they tinkered with the line and it started to improve to at least a competent level. I find it a bit surprising that the continuity was not maintained even with the supposed upgrades such as Saxelid and Fontana.

Absolutely no upgrade. This O-line tonight was worse than it ever was last year.

4 Likes

Exactly. The Cats are right where they need to be. We don't want to peak too soon. :wink:

2 Likes

We're on the same page bro. We don't want the Cats to peak too soon either. There's plenty of time for your team to get better AFTER we play them. Meanwhile I hope Ottawa eases up on the peddle next week. Those guys are killing us on the stat sheets. It's a good thing that they don't seem to care about the actual score.

1 Like

Saxelid is a definite upgrade. He can play LT and RT.

I wouldn't mind bringing in a Peter Kozushka or bringing back Nicolas Guay.

I agree with this comment 100%. I would just like to add the following:

1. It is still very early - the Offence has put 60 minutes of bad football on tape. The coaching staff will dissect the game film, and will adjust. This is what they do.
  2. By the same token, opposing coaches will be studying this game film as well. We should expect to see the Calgary Stampeders' D blitzing the Tiger-Cats' O a lot, until the Ti-Cats' O demonstrates that they can handle it.
  3. In 2021 the 'Cats started the season 0 - 2. As Krisiun is suggesting, both of those games looked very similar to last night's game. If you go back to the Forum comments from last year, when we were 0 - 2, you will discover that they are the same as the comments in this thread (" O-Line sucks"; "we cannot protect the QB"; "fire Coach Gibson"; etc. ), but they figured it out later on, to the point where our O-Line controlled the best DE tandem in the CFL for most of the Grey Cup game. They will figure it out.
  4. BTW, reacting to a Defence that is blitzing is not solely the responsibility of the O-Line. The QB has a responsibility to read the D at the line of scrimmage. If the QB reads a Blitz, the QB is responsible for calling an audible to make certain that his O is running a play that has a chance to be successful. We have no way of knowing if Dane was doing that. And over and above that, the QB can only audible to plays that were already installed in the game plan for that week. So Tommy Condell & staff have a lot of responsibility for this as well. My only point is this: the O-Line does not deserve 100% of the blame for that poor performance by the Offence.

If I recall correctly, the weatherman is predicting rain for Sunday, but it is not all doom & gloom.
5. I read some negative comments about the 'Cats defence. Those fans must have been watching a different game than the game that I watched. Although our 4 man rush was not getting sacks, they controlled the line of scrimmage for the first 50 minutes of that game, and were also getting lots of pressure on Fajardo (they just were not sacking him). I believe our Defence will be very very good this year.

I think we all need to take a deep breath. Let's wait & see how the game plan changes for the Home Opener against Calgary.

4 Likes

Players can be removed from 6 game earlier though if healthy and there no doubt is national oline that got released or are on practice rosters so there is options to do something about national oline depth

Thanks for the well thought out reply. :+1:

The Cats are notoriously slow starters. Since the 2009 season when the Cats returned to respectability they have only won their opening game twice. That was in 2016 and 2019. So twice in the last 13 seasons. Most of those years we ended up in the playoffs and 4 times we played in the Grey Cup.

3 Likes

Saxelid injury didnt look good . Usually when a player is clearly pissed after talking to trainers sadly isnt a good thing

1 Like