Burn the 2018 EDF Witches Post-Game Thread

If after 22 games the team cannot execute something as basic as a hurry up then I have to wonder what was practiced all year.

I agree that losing like that totally sucks. Wanted the game to be MUCH closer and more competitive - not a virtual rout! At least we showed more life that the leos did against us last week.
i really feel for the players who’ve worked SO hard all year - and the coaches too. Simoni was SO broken up on the sideline - had to be REALLY tough for any of the players who were on the team in 2013-2015. Not ready to blow up the ship (or Tiger den or whatever you want to call it) but we’ll look for more improvement next season - and a way to somehow beat the OTTRBs!!

As for the D - it’s interesting that Glanville mentioned as much in his presser a couple of days before the game. Even with all of his coaching experience he couldn’t seem to come up with a way to stop them. I’ll be interested to see how Calgary or Winnipeg slow them down next week in the GC. (
The WDF is close enough late in the 3rd that it looks like either team could win although right now the horses have the edge by 3)

Negative? Au contraire. Pretty ‘fair and balanced’* ** ***

• Unlike Fox news
    **Usually (!)
    *** Unless he disagrees with me

I know I’m suppose to be burning the witches but you have to admit Harris couldn’t do much wrong today.

Really seem like a team of punks to me

I think I despise them the most!

Am I missing something here.

We were 7th overall.

We made it to the final four remaining teams after the semis. We’re tied with whoever loses this game.

29/32 apparently. Even when the D did get to him, he still managed to get the ball away to his receivers who were almost always WIDE open. That’s what probably frustrated me the most - our D giving them so much space to catch the ball. Definitely needed tighter coverage.

I agree with Displaced Cats Fan the Cats went to War with no battle plan,no recce,no sense of urgency.To me it shows that where there is money involved in sports players only give a shit to a certain point.

I figured that’s what he meant…but that’s not how it works.

We were 7th out of 9.

Not good.

Grover: I don’t share your optimism about being in 1st place next year.
Ottawa won’t be going downhill anytime soon and the only reason we ended up in second place in the East this season is because Montreal and Toronto were terrible.

Orlondo needs to become our HC and inject some fresh thinking and better/consistent game management. And the fans could use some optimism about the future.

And Grover. We were 7th out of 9 teams and lucked out because we were in the East as Mr62Cats says. And we lost to the 3rd best team in CFL ( 1st in East) 4 times. Not near good enough to go far into playoffs.

Today’s outcome can be explained very simply!
Ottawa was hungry and well prepared by their coaching staff and had an answer to most of whatever we threw at them.
Our TiCats may have been hungry but didn’t get near the prep feom coaches they needed. What did they do to prepare? Closed door session and we saw ? ? ? ?
And itz not about having just one week to prepare vs 2 weeks.

Against Ottawa, today’s outcome mirrors the regular season’s outcome. Outcoached and unprepared to dominate… same reason they lost both back to back games late in the season when in control of their destiny(1st place) with a sweep. 3rd and goal at the 1.5 yard line today and they go for the FG - no confidence shown in either the offense or defense to change fortunes against the RedBlacks and make a statement once and for all. Gutless.

It has a name.
Its “laidback leadership style”.
Hailed by some fans and beat reporters as positive and progresssive.

Do you guys think the same injury riddled REC corps will be showing up next season to training camp??

Banks, Saunders, Tasker, Addison and Jones will all be back with the same great Oline with Green
and White as RB’s and Masoli running the high octane Offence.

Our Linebackers will all be returning as will Big Teddy and hopefully Breaux.

I am optimistic about next year, but thats just me, I’m just kinda weird that way

I know there will be changes as there always is and some changes are needed.

I hope and expect that Orlondo has much, much, much more input into the team in 2019

You’re just an eternally glass half-full kind of guy Grover - after a win, optimistic about the next game and after a loss, optimistic about next year. Most of us probably start off glass half-full but eventually are relegated to glass half-empty types after witnessing decades of ineptness.

I love the optimism. I’m honestly a little salty about this loss (especially because it was Ottawa… my least favourite team), but no use crying over spilled milk.

Nothing will change next year. We will be 500 or worse again as usual.

Unless we get a new quarterback that’s a winner!