Burattos Back.......

…awesome news for the stamps…

BURATTO SIGNS EXTENSION WITH STAMPEDERS

Wednesday, December 7, 2005 - 01:30PM

The Calgary Stampeders announced that Steve Buratto has agreed to a multi-year contract extension as the team’s associate head coach/offensive coordinator.

“Offensively we did some great things this past season under the helm of Steve,� stated senior vice president of football operations/head coach Tom Higgins. “Re-signing him to a multi-year contract bolds well for the organization and ensures continuity both on and off the field for the team’s offence.�

“Steve has brought a tremendous amount of experience to the Stampeder organization,� commented president/owner Ted Hellard. “We are extremely excited about him returning as the Club’s Offensive Coordinator and very optimistic that he will take the offence to another level in the upcoming seasons.�

This past year under the tutelage of Buratto the Stampeders were able to put up some impressive numbers despite having 13 new faces (comparing last regular season game roster from 2004 to 2005) on offence. Calgary finished first in average gain per pass (9.3), average gain per rush (tied with Ottawa 5.9), second in fewest QB sacks (27), third in most yards total offence (6,897), average yards offence per game (383.2), most yards net rushing (2,295), average rushing per game (127.5), most times rushed (391), passes intercepted (20) and fewest yards penalized (1,409).

Under Buratto’s direction quarterback Henry Burris threw for over 4,000 yards finishing the season with 4,290, despite not playing in three games. Burris also rushed the ball 82 times for 513 yards (career high), averaging 6.3 yards per carry (career high with over 2 attempts) and 9 touchdowns (career high). For the first time in Henry’s career he was named to the Western All-Star team. Running back Joffrey Reynolds finished the season fifth all-time in Stampeder history with 247 carries for 1,437 yards, averaging 5.8 yards per carry, and eight touchdowns. His 1,437 yards was 2nd highest in the CFL and also passed Kelvin Anderson’s best mark of 1, 383 yards in 2001. Receiver Nik Lewis in only his second season finished second in the league with 80 catches for 1,379 yards, nine touchdowns and carried the ball two times for 30 yards all of which were career highs.

“Returning to the Stampeder organization brings me great excitement and I look forward to continuing what we built this past season,� said Buratto. “I’m thrilled to be a part of the team environment that Tom has created through his leadership.�

The Stampeders also announced that special teams coordinator Craig Dickenson, defensive line coach Casey Creehan and secondary coach Tim Burke will all be returning for the 2006 season.

too bad for steve he didnt get the head coaching job with the bombers, I hear he is still little po d about that....

............you talked to him personally?.......

maybe.....

..........so what did he tell you?.......

sorry red.....I was on the phone.....well I didnt actually speak directly to steve about it....but I heard it from a very reliable source......

.......hmmm, seems strange, sounds like he was the man on the hiring seat and then backed away from it.........money maybe?.......

more along the lines of, can you win now with what we have.....probably not....okay thanks for being honest.....next ......

.........so if this is correct then you think Taman is not going to be all that active in the free agent market........maybe a guy or two here or there but for the most part its the same cast as last season, but with new off-screen people to guide the action?......

pretty much.....they still have to resign Canada, Stokes and Walls and give Glenn a raise.....not going to be too much cap room left.....the only thing Taman will be looking for is a mlb like simpson, but he wont be able to get in a bidding war for him.....its win with what we got.....

I agree Piggy! The Bombers to will need to get use to a new playbook as well. But hopefully they are on the right track. I still think the biggest sore spot on the Bombers team is their GM. But that is my opinion.

I think berry is better than Burritto...
As for the cap room, were not in bad shape..
Yes... we'll sign two major freeagents to our D..
As for Piggy on a stamp forum agreeing with 05...not very nice...at all.!!

...........for crying out loud you leave the front door unattended for just a second and look what walks in.....shoo now you, look at the mess your treads are making.......

Hankthetank Burrito ha ha ha should check the guys name before you make comparisons. Burratto has one a GC as a head coach. Berry has not so how in the world can you compare. Oh yes potential ha ha ha ha

Red white your a mod...talk to your pal, about family pics...in cyber space..
Just wondering...you two good old boy's family.lol..or should I say..Hahahaha Haa

Oh here I go again...on a team forum and the tank is ready for trash talk...sorry ..thought it was the Rider Forum..
Will try to put the Binders on,, doesn't Nealon look alot like Burris on a good day?
You guy's could pull one and put in the otther, never miss a beat..Hows that for potential..

Hank I would love to chat but really I have no idea what you tried to say here. Yes Burris is a bettr QB then Greene and you being a Bomber fan would like Green QBing your team. Is that the correct interpitation.

rw05.....we already have T why would we want nylon too.......I think hank was suggesting that Henry and Nylon were somehow related....since they both came out of sask....

Maybe just maybe Nylon is hankthetanks lost twin brother

Correct pigseye..thanx for breaking it down for the Stamp fans..Happy feet Buris and Neelon..twins..