Buono stands up for his team

Haha, I understand. Personally I like it this way. Adds colour to the boards. if everyone agreed, this would be crap.I also enjoy the me against the world mentality and yes Rob Murphy can be an @ss.

Neil, guess that’s what happens when your team loses three in a row, including their biggest game of the year at home to a third-string quarterback. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Let Tillman do the talking and focus all he wants on the Lions. The fact of the matter is that the Lions team is playing together as a cohesive unit, and they stand-up for one another. Nothing that Schultz or Tillman or anyone else says matters to this team. As a Lions fan, it is absolutely refreshing seeing this type of attitude and expectation to be the best. We have the best depth in the league, top coaching and a winning attitude that stems from top to bottom. As a season ticket holder, I couldn’t be more proud of this team and what we’ve accomplished in this short time. We are well on our way to hosting our fourth-straight Western Final, a feat some teams could only dream of. You think Tillman’s mad now? What 'till he sees Rasouli, Murphy, Jiminez and Buono hoist the Grey Cup in Toronto. Then you’ll see him truly turn red.

Okay, interesting perspective ...

I don’t think how hard he hit him has a whole lot of relevance to the situation. You want the league to issue a statement that says “We acknowledge that Rasouli did in fact punch an opposing player several times, and knee him, but they were fairly soft so we are just going to pretend it didn’t happen.

If you allow it to happen, no matter if they did not do or cause any hurt to the opposing player, then you set an awful precedent much like the helmet tossing incident by Gass. Apparently it’s now alright to throw the helmet as long as it doesn’t hit anyone.

You need to look at the broader picture, do we want these types of incidents to become more commonplace in the league?

I appreciate a hard hitting physical game just as much as the next guy, but there are certain things that should be frowned upon in this league, and just because Rasouli couldn’t beat up your average 4th grader shouldn’t change that.

What Schultz did did to Jarious was a lot more dangerous than what Sherko did. I stand by that.

You didn't let me down ...

I knew I’d always make you proud, Daddy.

hehehe. Buono says things that happen on the field should stay there. Funny, he didn't feel that way earlier in the year. :slight_smile:

What Kitwana did to Jarious was far more dangerous than either of them… but it was legal!

I’d say what Geroy did was the most dangerous of them all. He gave 28,800 Rider fans a collective heart-attack :wink:

Oh, boy, the thought of it :oops: :oops: How old are you, anyways??? If you were born somewhere between 86 and 90 when I lived in BC, then some seed was sown that I never knew I planted … I might have some explaining to do to my wife …

Here's how I see it being played out.....

Lions fans: Yeah, right on Sherko and Murphy are all fired up, they're playmakers, they're so great, we looooooove them

Fast forward to the Western final....Lions down by 2, 10 seconds left in the fourth, 2nd and 10 ball on the opposing teams 54 yard line.

Lion Fans: Alright, here comes a TD, we're going to the cup, we knew it back in June....

Deep pass to Simon...completed....TD!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait....FLAG!

Personal foul...BC number 56, penalty is declined.....end of game.

Lions Fans: What a tool, he cost us the game, I hate Murphy...

.....if the opposing team declines the penalty, wouldn't Simon then score?

Just askin'.....

Oh wait yeah

Too tired to rationalize

Long story short...they will end up costing them the game, and....etc...etc...it'll work out.

New version.

Penalty accepted, lions go back 15 yards, no TD pass or run there....k....now it works.

Cheers.

Yep that would be a TD…

Yep, I know…shoulda used the [/sarcasm] feature maybe? :slight_smile:

Story's been fixed.........finalized....no more of this TD nonsense.

no no no, JxP…it’s already out there…see?

bah that was all in the past, this is the present.....let's focus on the future!

Wait....that was kinda in the future...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't think I can talk my way out of this one..............

Kinda sad now....thanks.

Don’t be sad…you likely can’t talk your way out of it, but I’d like to see you try…lol