Bulletin Board Material (...kind of)

We can't deny we are in tough for all the reason's mentioned. However we have a shot especially since we finished the season winning our last 11 of 15 while they have won their last 5 of 12 games. Both team are peaking at the right time so it should be a classic.

And you know this because you’ve met them all? What a ridiculous thing to say. Let the adults talk for a minute won’t you?

As a fan of the Cats, I hope they win. As a guy who can be impartial even when his team is involved, I expect the Riders to win.

But having said that, I feel like if there was one team to lose the Grey Cup while playing at home it would be Saskatchewan. They just seem like the type of team, as in historically (with their 3-15 record in the big game), that would rip the hearts out of their fans, especially the ones who think this one is in the bag. Now, I'm not saying all their fans think this, and I'm not saying that there aren't a segment of Tiger-Cats fan who think a Ti-Cats win is in the bag, but it seems like if one team was going to host and blow it, it would be Saskatchewan. I have no rhyme or reason for this, just a gut feeling.

Weather should not be an issue,
Once the game starts, crowd noise will be a big problem!
Getting off to a good start is crucial,
Move the ball on "O" and get stops on "D"

The Riders and their fans are fragile,
Just look at the lovehate fan relationship with Durant,
If the Cats can get the Melonheads to quiet down we have a great chance of winning this thing!

We must find a way to neutralize the Tractor Factor, the Flatlander Frenzy, the Green Goobers, etc.

There was a poll in Regina on this very thing, and 90% voted to keep the banner up. It’s a very very select few that want to tear down the banner.

The difference in this game will be coaching and game preparation and on that factor alone, I believe we have them beat by a long shot. On-field talent can only take you so far, if you don't have the right game plan. I think we proved that against the Argos last week. Providing the Cats come out to play, it will be the game plan that wins it for the Ticats. :smiley:

Yeah, it’s just some fans that don’t make any sense, but the majority are level headed and would not take down a banner of a local hero like Austin. That’s like Ticat fans taking down a Joe Montford banner because he went on to play for the Argos.

I gotta say while its a little harsh, since their 2007 Grey Cup year their fans have gone from the best fans in the CFL from a small market team to the most arrogant and entitled group of them all. Read their message boards and see things like making sure the Cats dont get a minute of sleep, to trying to get their hands on the tickets being sold by the Ticat office and selling them on kijiji for up to $2000, the comments about Hank, Andy and Kent like their 2007 team wasnt FULL of former Ticats, etc. Its incredible, some of them arent enjoying it. They’ve made this week about them.

Let's not paint all rider fans with the same brush. I have friends who are rider fans AND cfl fans. Likely an 80/20 rule

I’m not sure if all Rider fans are like that but I will say that if some of them are a little bit too cocky or arrogant they just have to remember that they only have 3 grey cups, that’s right just 3 :lol: compared to our 15 :smiley:

I like that the 'Home' team sees fit to practice indoors in Saskatoon!

That bodes well for us! Really well!

Of course there is NO objectivity- they bleed GREEN! :lol:

Actually they practised in Moose Jaw which I believe is closer and the Ticats will be practising indoors there tomorrow as well.

:thup: :thup: They signed a number of "big name" veterans (Foley, Chick, Williams, Brown, Simon, Anderson) who are only in Saskatchewan for ONE thing - to win for themselves!

Ticats know how to play for each other and a common goal!

• STARTLING STAT: The Ticats are 11-5 since they were swept by Saskatchewan in a home-and-home series in July (37-0 and 32-20). Rider coach Corey Chamblin's right when he says they're facing a completely different team come Sunday. Hamilton has won six of its last seven games.

• DURANT SNUBBED (AGAIN): Ticats quarterback Henry Burris was given the nod by the CFLPA for their All-Star team ahead of Darian Durant. As were Marwan Hage and Peter Dyakowski, Obviously it's voted on by CFL players and it was announced Thursday night. The only Rider All-Stars were Kory Sheets, Chris Getzlaf, Alex Hall and Craig Butler.

• TRACTOR FACTOR VS THE AUSTIN FACTOR: It's scary though, to consider Hamilton coach Kent Austin is 4-0 in Grey Cups.
    5-0 in playoff Games.
    How do the Riders game plan for the Austin Magic? You just can't.

AUSTIN WILL HAUNT THESE MELONHEADS FOREVER!!!!!! :rockin:

40,000 angry greenies hit the streets of Regina. :cry:

Wow you are so out to lunch on that comment.

Chick was part of the 2009 GC game.

Foley has stated several times he wants to win for the guy he plays next to and so the SK players get to experience what it is like to win at home.

Simon came here as he wanted to experience what it is like to play for the Riders.

Anderson and Cory are very good friends which is why he is here.

I would say the only player that has shown concerns about being an individual is Cory Sheets. However he has stated he doesn’t care individual stats are done it is all about winning the cup.

Oh, is that right? Oy vey. :roll:

We offered him a little bigger roll and the same cash as BC so believe what you want. However Simon has stated that is why he signed with the Riders over other teams.

You know, I always wonder what it is about Saskatchewan that causes Rider players and coaches to want to come to Hamilton…

Uhmmm… Simon was TRADED to Saskatchewan…

For Justin Harper and a 3rd in 14

But hey have at it…