Bulletin Board Material for the Tabbies

RE: Hamilton vs. Winnipeg

On paper, it should be a slam dunk. Stegall's back, Roberts found his running legs last week, & Kevin Glenn is back and calling his own plays, meaning they won't be the same old vanilla plays Cartwright faxes to opposing teams the week before each game.

On Hamilton's side of the ball, Jesse Lumsden, the human marshmallow, likely won't start nor will $500,000 of wasted air, Casey Printers. Hamilton hasn't won a road game outside of T.O. since the Mulroney administration.

There is NO WAY the Bombers should lose this game.

Some things are not worth the paper they are written on. Source please

Throw in whining about how visiting players have to wash the sweat off post-game by rubbing used cat litter all over themselves, and that you can't buy a piece of cooked beef east of The Soo and I'd think that this was an excerpt from Doug Brown's column.

I recall a game in Vancouver in November 1999 where the Ticats had the pleasure of hoisting a large silver trophy awarded to the winner of a Canadian championship football game, but I digress… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The memory and/or history-challenged individual who wrote that should Google “Grey Cup” and get the story straight!

Winnipeg won its last Grey Cup on November 25, 1990. If one is going to use a throwaway line about a lack of success since the Mulroney regime, one should have considered that tidbit before blathering. LOL :wink:

[url=http://www.geocities.com/cflhistory/Grey_Cup/1909-Present.html]http://www.geocities.com/cflhistory/Gre ... esent.html[/url]

Oski Wee Wee,

On Hamilton's side of the ball, Jesse Lumsden, the human marshmallow, likely won't start nor will $500,000 of wasted air, Casey Printers. Hamilton hasn't won a road game outside of T.O. since the Mulroney administration.
8) Since you feel you can use such dispariging remarks about our TiCat players, then you won't mind if I refer to you as an out and out loser yourself !!!
Please refer to the above post from oski-oui-oui to confirm that fact !!!!     <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

And from only TWO years ago:

2006-08-09 12:58:00
RANEK CAPTURES CFL OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK AWARD

Hamilton, Ontario – Tiger-Cats running back Josh Ranek has been named the CFL’s Offensive Player of the Week after his outstanding performance in the Ticats’ 26-11 victory in Winnipeg last Friday.

Ranek, returning to action after missing the previous two games with a thigh injury, racked up 164 rushing yards on 27 carries (a 6.1 yard per carry average) and also led the Ticats in receiving with four receptions, 69 yards and one touchdown. The 164 rushing yards recorded by the Tyndall, South Dakota native marks the highest total in the CFL this season.

“Josh played very aggressively and was a physical force, which allowed our running game to come to life,? said Ticats offensive coordinator Joe Paopao. “This award is a credit to Josh and our entire offensive unit.?

Defensive back Airabin Justin earned an honourable mention for Defensive Player of the Week after recording two defensive tackles and an interception in the win.

[url=http://www.ticats.ca/article/ranek_captures_cfl_offensive_player_of_the_week]http://www.ticats.ca/article/ranek_capt ... f_the_week[/url]

LOL

Oski Wee Oversight,

Of course I don’t mind! That’s the whole point of “Bulletin Board” material. Most athletes and coaches are very careful not to say anything to rile up their opponents. “Let sleeping dogs lie” is the prevailing attitude today.

In pre-game interviews, you will hear players and coaches praising their opponents & warning against complacency. When an opponent or antagonist starts talking smack about the other team, coaches will usually post it on the locker room bulletin board to stir up his players and motivate them to take the upcoming game personally.

I wanted to tick off the Ti-Cats and their fans. I even sent 2 letters to the Hamilton Spectator talking smack in the hope that the Ti-Cats would get mean and nasty so they would beat the Bombers–they almost did.

Now instead of an angry mob calling for CEO Bauer’s, Coach Berry’s, and OC Cartwright’s heads, Bomberland is stuck with “Dumb and Dumber” for the rest of the season and we will probably finish with a 4-14 or 5-13 record. This was a game the Bombers couldn’t afford to win.

Despite Williams’ INT that cost them the game at the end, I think that the Ti-Cats should go with Williams, dump Casey Printers (and his $500K salary) and upgrade the offense and defense. You guys could make the playoffs with a few upgrades–we can’t, not with the bonehead CEO & coaches we’re stuck with.

Good luck with the rest of your season. Hamilton is the only team in the East I have any respect for.