Bull refs

I can't bring myself to give Saskatchewan credit for that win. They were the recepient of biased and myopic officiating.

1. What if Dominguez had deked the Als' back and scored a TD instead of having the ball knocked out of his hands? The refs, no doubt, would have said he was in bounds. The linesman was right there, for gawd's sake, and the replay was far from "conclusive."
  2. Butler gets called for roughing the passer after an Als' interception. Anyone could see that Joseph was in the grasp of at least two defensive players when he still had the ball. There was no late hit. Meanwhile, they showed a replay (more than once) of Shultz coming through and knocking down Calvillo when the latter had clealy thrown the pass. An obvious late hit...no call.
    These examples of instances that directly altered the course of the game.
    In conclusion, if the ref is going to be anal and decide to a be a critical factor in the outcome of a game, both sides should equally suffer, not just one.
    There is only word to describe the referee's performance: DIsgusting!

I agree 100% Danpel the Al's screwed because of good awfull officiating. Is it possible the league is sick of Montreal representing the East in the GC and telling officials to make sure they lose so there beloved Argos will win the GC? I know this opinion is a little far fetched but come on peewee refs can do a beteer job then most cfl refs.

For a team to cause 5 turnovers, lose and then have the audacity to blame the refs is shameful! what a bunch of blokes!

Alas, we must ponder the question first asked by the Bard many centuries ago:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous officiating,or to take arms against a sea of flag-happy, dung-brained CFL referees.

It is better to remain silent, and thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt!

What kind of a team causes 5 turnovers, and still loses? Even Hamilton isn't that pathetic!

[i]

[/i]

LMAO!!!

:thup:

Who let these trolls in here?

Who let these trolls in here?

We followed the King of trolls back under his bridge...YOU

umaga is right!

no trolling in the team forums....
Begone

Stay outta our forums we will stay out of yours Umaga...

He hasn't been in ours in a while, Dentor.

He was advised of the rules and has since followed them.

I suggest you do the same

Fair enough..Ill take my Club and waunder back to the Rider Forum

While the officiating was flat-out awful, as an Als fan, I have to say it: if we can't win in a game where we forced SEVEN turnovers, we have no business complaining about the officiating. This offense needs to be blown up and rebuilt in the offseason. Whoever becomes the head coach needs to take a close look at every member of our offense and offensive coaching staff, and that includes Calvillo, Strasser, Bellefeuille, Chiu, and other person we may think is untouchable. Enough already, no excuses. We have only two games left to play this year and our offense, if anything, is in worse shape now than it was when we started the season. Even if we get by Winnipeg -- which is by no means certain -- we are going to get killed by Toronto in the division final with this kind of sloppy, lazy, unmotivated play.

Anderson should be the first to go. T.Edwards is much more reliable and IMO is the deep threat the Al's have been looking for.

So true. Keeping Anderson on the field makes us play with an handicap. It's like we have 11 men on offense against the 12 that play on defense...

Let's stay on the subject. The refs did aspire like a strong vacuum cleaner in that game!

This article made me laugh:

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&topicnum=&nid=12665&writer=0]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... 5&writer=0[/url]

But especially this one:

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=newser&func=display&nid=12877]http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=news ... &nid=12877[/url]

In that last article, George Black says that the 2 reviewed calls against the Als "could have gone either way"... The replay has to be 100% conclusive to overturn a call! By his own admission, the refs overturned 2 calls on non conclusive (50-50) evidence! Either the refs are biased or the CFL does not know how to apply ITS OWN RULES! BUSH league!

Ya know indy!
Blaming the refs every time the Als lose gives a bad name to all fans!

(I do have to admit you do have a very good point about "Conclusive evidance") But not about them being biased.

Email him with that point and see what he says!

Indy, I'm 50% with you, I'm not sure what you were getting at in the first link, but in the second link, the comments about instant replay going either way has me a bit confused too! I thought it had to be conclusive to over turn.