Bulcke released by TOR

Toronto Argonauts PR ?@Argonauts_PR 1m1 minute ago
#Argos have released Canadian DL Brian Bulcke. #CFL

Unfortunate but not unexpected considering that Bulcke has dressed and played in only 1 game since midway through the 2014 season and has spent the rest of his time the last 2 1/2 seasons on the IL of both us and Toronto. The irony is that the one and only game that he did actually dress for was last weeks game when the Bombers were at BMO.

Here is the press release from CFL.ca

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/2016/08/18/argos-release-veteran-brian-bulcke/]http://www.cfl.ca/2016/08/18/argos-rele ... an-bulcke/[/url]

Possibly making room for Vaughn Martin??

I wondered about his signing during the off season. On the IR, didn't even start the season with them.

I doubt he will be picked up. Even if that happens, I don't think Brian will play many games before he's injured yet again.

Sad to see.

CFL NEWS@CFL_NEWS 13h13 hours ago
Vaughn Martin doesn't figure to remain unemployed long and could resurface in Hamilton
-@HerbZurkowsky 1 #CFL.

It's a definite possibility that Martin signs with Toronto or perhaps Saskatchewan . I don't think that Martin is heading here though and personally I'm not that interested in the Cats picking him up. Martin has eight years of wear and tear on his treads and was for the most part the invisible man for the Al's this season on their D-Line besides he isn't worth the price tag at an estimated contract at approx $175,000 per.

Mike Hogan ?@tsnmikehogan 14m14 minutes ago
Release of Bulcke just numbers. Bishop has played well, Waud & Robertson close to return. Kill the Vaughn Martin rumours. #Argos

If the Cats offered Bulcke a contract and he passed on it to join the enemy after we had been patient with his injuries, then I don't feel so bad for him.

But if we didn't ask him back, you can't fault the guy for wanting to continue to work in his field. At least he can hope to catch on with another team now that he's healthy.

I'd guess it was the latter and that Brian loved being a Tiger-Cat. He was on the sidelines, with the team, when they played in the other Eastern cities throughout last season including, I believe, the playoff. He'd have made those trips at his own expense. It's quite possibly been a long, slow, end to his career but I hope not.

Another former Cat is also, suddenly, a free-agent again. Nic Grigsby showed class,and perhaps an insight into how things are with the division leaders, when he said "Thank you RedBlacks for the opportunity. Wising my teammates nothing but success the rest of the way. That locker room is built to win!" The RBs are going with a couple of Canadian running backs this week, while waiting for the return, from injury, of Travon Van expected soon.

Both would probably love to be back with the Cats, but where do you fit them?

Edmonton, Saskatchewan and Montreal might be sniffing around for such players, and waving dollars around, I have no trouble with Grigsby, but 'my' D-Line is pretty full, I want an awesome O-Lineman to appear out of no-where, and either protect Zac, or blow holes for a running game that we struggle with.

If we could get past that, we'd own the field a lot longer, and take the pressure off the D.

I grant the point that home games will help a lot, when the crowd is cheering for the "D", and quiet for the "O".

Lets just get this thing done...its within our capabilities.

I doubt Grigsby will be playing any more football this year for any team. He was playing in Ottawa for several weeks with a shoulder injury so it could be the end of the line for him.

He didn't get a fair shake with my Argos, only one game.
Has been injury prone no question with his best year with the Cats.

Jake Olson is due to be back sometime in the second half of the season. He was playing well before he got hurt, hopefully he can regain his form.

Not worth starting a new thread, particularly about a non-TiCat (at least so far), so I'll put this here, where Vaughn Martin's name came up in a previous post. It's a tweet from the RDS football reporter, who keeps a close eye on the Alouettes:

Didier Orméjuste ?@DidierRDS Aug 17
After agreeing on a pay cut three weeks ago, the Alouettes asked Vaughn Martin to reduce his salary to the minimum of 52K this week. @CFL

No wonder he wanted out of there and got his release when no team would trade for him, having to pick up his contract, as it was in MTL. He may now become a bargain for another team.

I agree, ExPat. Tiger Cats have been good that way with other players too, like C J Gable, Johnny Sears and such.

Sometimes, this loyalty is reciprocated. Sadly, sometimes not.

If playing doesn't work out, he can probably get a gig as Ottawa's mascot.

Or...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/54384407/the-incredibles.jpg