Build a temporary stadium in Ottawa for 2013

I agree but all this worry may be for not as the stadium may very well be ready for the 2014 season. I think that the situation in Winnipeg has gotten everyone a little on edge when it comes to getting stadium projects done on time in Canada when in fact the Winnipeg issue ismost likely an isolated problem and there have been many projects that have gotten done on time including the building of a temp stadium and the rebulding of a new roof in vancouver which were both done on time and with great success to the teams in which they provide a home for.
The grey cup Legacy project in Regina has seen Mosaic stadium up and ready to go this season with the addition of the newer modern seating in the end zone areas, which look fantastic by the way and are the latest in temporary removable seating as each section of the new seating can be dismantled and moved rather easily and each section has come with its own luxury suite attached. Pretty sweet if you ask me. You may well indeed this kind of seating readily available at Landsdowne park for adding seating capacity to the end zone sections.
The Als addition of seating to McGill went off without a hitch
Even Saputo stadium had completed its construction of enlarging capacity on time with the first few games to be played at Olympic as part of the Timeline.( good thing too as the impact packed them in for about 60,000 for the first couple breaking record for attendance for soccer in Canada. I am sure there were plenty of ticket deals and some give always but the fans were interested enough in going)

I say it is time and OSEG and Ottawa has been organized and has had this plan in place for a few years now and have been waiting for the ok to get it started. They have already knocked down mostly everything that was needed and even have began removing the old seats in the North Side grandstand which may be all removed by now and ready for the new seats to be put into place.

My vote as a CFL fan is to get the team ready to play the 2014 season.
Most likely training camp will be at Keith Harris, another stadium project that completed on time for the 2013 return of Ravens football, so there Training camp facility will be of high quality.

having Ottawa baseball stadium available just in case, if it can hold the CFL field dimensions, may not be a bad idea. It may taint a bit of the grand reveival of the return of CFL football to Ottawa but it may be much more important to have the team playing in 2014, opposed to waiting yet another year of waiting, for the financial gains it may get in return from the new TV deal that will be in place for 2014.
I think it would be more tainted if the team had to wait for 2015 to start after the long awaited return.

Hopefully none of that will be an issue and it will be completed without any snags much like the many other stadium projects in Canada with the exception of Winnipeg.

The stadium does have other important reasons for being ready for the 2014 season for the Women's Soccer WC. The Canadian Women's soccer team fresh off their Olympic success, Landsdowne park, which is also being built to exact Fifa specifications would be a great location for the pool play rounds of the Canadian team to play in the Nations capital.

The new roof on BC place stadium was not done on time. It was 3 months late.
The lions were supposed to play all of the 2011 season there, but had to play more than half their games at empire.

true indeed but they had a back plan in place as they only had the offseason to do a whole lot of work and did get it done. It was not like the Winnipeg case where they had to tank the whole season. BC knew well in advance and had a site with a field already on it inwhich to build the temp stadium around.
Lansdowne park field site has everything demolished, The North side is ready for the upgrades, the south side has been demoslished, and the field is already in place and only needs to be replaced by a new one now. No work needs to be done to set up an area to place a field for the first time.