Buck said much harder to throw the Canadian ball on our size

You mean guys like Micheal Vick, Vince Young, Jason Campbell, Senaca Wallace, Donavon McNabb, Casey Printers, Daunte Culpepper, JaMarcus Russell and Troy Smith, right?

These are the slow QBs you are talking about?

You sure you didn’t miss any Black QBs?

Sadly, scramblers aren’t the NFL prototype, and often aren’t given a fair chance. You know this if you’ve ever read an NFL draft preview…size is usually the first thing talked about.

NFL prototype is tall and slow. Don’t deny it. Manning, Roethlisberger, Brady, Leftwich, Bulger and about 75% of all the QBs in the NFL.

the NFL doesn't seem to want talented players.

Doug Flutie and Warren Moon are two of the best QB's.

Flutie was the better QB his entire NFL career basicly but it for a few years teams wanted to get their younger QB playing.
It was always fun to watch 3 quarters of.. Leaf? and then 1 quarter of Flutie trying to win the game from behind.

hehe, take away the big NFL TV deals and all of a sudden the CFL can actually compete for players(not NFL stars though)

Just 5 more years and the CFL could get the TSN deal re-upped to hopefully allow the CFL to keep it's top players.(3-6M per CFL team in the next TV deal hopefully, although going by Hockey money given out it's possible to get up to 8-10M per CFL team(in a 10 team league) with the canadian sports market)

Aren't the spalding balls in the CFL and NFL the same size now?

pretty much

Except they're Wilsons.

Some quarterbacks excell in the Canadian game. It is a faster pace, the quarterback are typically a little more mobile.

While in the NFL, the game clock, the extra down (i.e. the ability to run 3 times for 3.5 yards per carry to give you a first down), makes game management it a little easier for a simple pocket passer.

I think you are correct, but I thought I saw spaldings being sold at the ticat store. Maybe they are just 3rd party cheap ones.

Maybe those were “vintage” balls. The old J5V’s were Spaldings.

That could be, the online store is advertising Wilsons. I know I saw some Spaldings somewhere...

Yes they were. When the CFL switched over to the Wilson's is when they stopped having "bigger balls" as the Wilson is really the NFL model with stripes, and the signature of a much less rich Commissioner.