BUCK PIERCE!!!!!!

:shock: man, i was thrilled when i saw Buck go up on the field and work wonders for the lions. i mean, he did what last years MVP couldnt do!! we got a little taste what he can do a couple games ago, but now i’m positive that BC has found a gem in Buck Pierce!

Yup,

I noticed him in the exhibition game. Wally has a talent for finding QB's. If Casey Bolts for the NFL next year, I have no problem with Buck being the backup.

Wally didn't find Buck Pierce. Buck apparently found out the night before the Oregon free agent camp while searching the internet that this was on and he went uninvited so to speak and made the team. Wally kept him on though which was good for him and us as fans.

Despite being a highly rated QB, he didn't get drafted by the NFL as he ran a pro type offence in his senior year only and the rest of the time he ran the option.

Pierce-I learned a lot about perseverance. Things aren’t always going to go your way. I’ve become so much more aware of the realities of the game and life…Things can be taken away from you. You can either sit back…or overcome it and fight through it....

Ya, thanks for the correction , I read that he drove all night or something to make this camp. Either way, Wally finds them somehow, whether they come to him or he finds them.

After seeing Printers performance in Regina, I was so excited when I saw Pierce come in. Told my buddy at the game " Now you’re in trouble." Everyone around me at TF kept commenting “Who’s Buck Pierce?” Well I think the Riders fans found out.

Liions didn’t deserve to win but found a way to win. Good game by the Riders defence on Printers. I was worried for most of the game.

Printers may be gone a while

I don't think he drove more than two hours as he lives just south of the Oregon border near Crescent City, California and the camp was just south of Portland Oregon.

They also found Tony Simmons (rec. now injured at the camp) plus a couple of others - the names escape me for the moment.

Someone can maybe clear up who else.

Pierce-I learned a lot about perseverance. Things aren’t always going to go your way. I’ve become so much more aware of the realities of the game and life…Things can be taken away from you. You can either sit back…or overcome it and fight through it....

go buck

45 bucks vs the gades.

I just heard announced during the Ottawa game that Buck drove 5 hours to get to that camp. Oh well it is now somewhere between a few hours as I had thought and all night...lol.

The truth is that Buck drove 5 hours to Portland - that is the drive time from Crescent City - I know - I live in CC. Buck did find out about the tryout on the internet - BCs home page - but what is also the truth is that Wally and his staff recognized Bucks ability from the git go. They could very easily have wrote him off - but they saw him work out, saw the talent and got him. Give the credit to Wally and staff for having a eye for talent and discovering him. We that are friends and supporters of Buck are very thrilled.

Buck almost got drafted by the Houston Texans, was very interested in by the Jacksonville Jags, ( he did go to the Texans rookie camp - but they were loaded at QB and the Jags to Matt Jones out of Arkansas who also serves as a Wide Receiver).
Also, Buck worked out with a pro trainer in LA for 2 months - spending time throwing to Freddie Mitchell of the Eagles and Chad Johnson of the Bengals. For those that dont know this - Buck finished ranked 11th in the U.S in QB passing efficiency his senior year. Buck has real talent and we are so glad he is with the Lions. If anyone is new to Buck Pierce let me give you a web page to read

http://www.nmstatesports.com

type in the name buck pierce on the search slot
then scoll down to article no. 11

Its a good read on Buck the person

But those of use who know Buck personally already know this. He is a quality young man

Sounds like mightybuck may be Buck himself. . . :smiley:

Do you guys really think Printers is good enough for the NFL? Personally, i think he is a great qb, but i couldnt see him handling a pass rush like they have in the NFL.

NO - I am not Buck - just a 54 year old friend of Buck and family and a strong supporter since his High School days. My son is good friends with Buck - but not family.

I don't think Printers is an NFL type of player. He suits the Canadian game very well, but not the NFL...IMO

Buck looks like a solid player and a stable minded person period. He knows who to give the glory to!

Buck looks like a solid player and a stable minded person period. He knows who to give the glory to!

I went to high school with Buck and he is a solid QB I think that the Lions are lucky to have him. He has a mind for football that you see in great QB's . He pretty much shredded every QB record in our school and county. I was really supprised when he got passed up by the NFL. I thought for sure he was gonna get picked by someone. I tivoed the draft and watched the whole thing waiting for his name to be called. It makes me proud to say that we grew up together. You guys should definately enjoy him while you can because he is gonna be NFL bound soon for sure. I think he'll make it and be great........ Can Anyone say "Tom Brady???????????"

And we who just saw Buck play this year are in full agreement.

....and he'll be a great backup for which ever Quarterback we keep!