BUCK PIERCE SIGNED BY BOMBERS

once again…you hit the nail MadJack…I’m just as anxious to see what these new kids can do on both the Riders and Bombers…The qb. pivot in this league can use an infusion of young talent… I hope we some stars emerge out of the back-up positions…The CFL becomes all the more stable and stronger for it… :thup:

Hmmm Buck Pierce or Kevin Glenn? I’ll take Buck anyday
Buck Pierce or Porter? UMMM Pierce

Pierce/Jyles/Santos/DiMichele or Glenn/Porter/Traflis and whoever? I Think i’ll take The Bomber QBS anyday!!

It's an interesting comparison and contrast.

Like you, Blue, I'd take a (healthy) Buck Pierce over either Glenn or Porter.

But i'd also rank Glenn well ahead of Jyles. . . Porter vs. Jyles, that's a tough call; the 2008 Porter looked really good but last year's version regressed somewhat. . . haven't seen enough of Jyles to make a call there. Santos/DiMichele/Trafalis, again haven't seen enough of any of them to make an intelligent ranking. . .

well its a new year and 2008 and 2009 are irrelevant. but what a great day to be a bomber fan.. looked like it was gonna rain earlier but after they announced the sign of buck all the dark clouds went away and the sun came out and its just gorgeous outside right now :smiley:

what a beautiful day :smiley:

It sure is!

We're much better today than we were yesterday...

People that live in QB depth glass houses shouldn’t throw stones…

Great signing that instantly makes the Bombers a reborn power in the East, IF Buck can stay healthy. I just hope we don’t witness a career-ending injury this season, or worse, something that affects Pierce’s quality of life in a non-football context.

i beleive buck when he says that the concussion issues and whatever other injury issues he's had in the past has been overblown.. i dunno why but i just feel the guys not as banged up as people like to beleive he is. u have to remember, dickenson was the bc starter b4 pierce and why did dickenson retire? too many concussions so i mean, i dunno how to say this but like... i just beleive the media over exagerated it when buck got hurt. sounds like he's only had 2 real concussions in his career, seems like his shoulder is the bigger concern but like he said today at the press conference, he got evaluated by dr's and trainers and everybody who he needed to and he passed with flying colors.. beleive he said he got an A-PLUS!! so like ya.. injury issues are a concern for every qb i think not just for buck.

Congrats to the Bombers, having said that Buck should have been signed a while ago by my Argos.

Well, I wouldn’t expect Buck to come out and say he’s one hit away from being knocked into next year. The funny thing is Lumsden said the same stuff, and look how long he lasted. Just sayin…

whatever. all i gotta say is well if nothing else... i see that all these cfl.ca team sites have atleast 2 pages talking about buck signing with the bombers. IF ANYTHING PEOPLE ARE TALKING and well, i dont care what anyone says or if they refuse to admit it but people are talking and why? because they all know the bombers got better today. i dont see any of us here worrying to much about what hamilton or sask or bc or edm or cal or mtl or tor are doing so why do people give a crap that the bombers signed pierce? because they are scared because the bombers just got a legit number 1 qb and people can say whatever they want, fact is multiple doctors and trainers have cleared him and said he's no more at risk than anybody else who plays football.

That can be said about any player. All players are one hit away from having their career ended (ie Jason Tucker). It’s a risk every football player takes.

Yeah, but not all of those have had multiple game injuries every year of their career. I wish him well, but sometimes history is a pretty accurate indicator of the future.

fact is i could be walking to work tomorrow morning and get hit by a bus.. u just never know. ive never broken a bone in my body but fact is i could be out walking, take a wrong step and boom there goes my ankle.

mike kelly last year said that in all his years in football, he's seen alot of interesting things, talking about guys getting knocked out in games and carrying smelling salts in their wrist bands and all that.. a football players mentality is that... UR GONNA HAVE TO CARRY ME OFF THE FIELD... if i can walk i will play.. its just how it is. Doesnt really matter if your name is buck pierce, jason tucker, ricky ray.. anthony calvillo, or joe blow from mexico... fact is 1 hit, JUST 1 hit to anyone in the wrong spot and they are done.

That’s true; however, if you’re brittle like Lumsden or Pierce, then the chances of you breaking something increase.

well, i dont think u should worry about it there DR HOUSE cuz yeah the other doctors the real doctors, the guys with the real degrees say he's all good.

Same guys said Lumsden was OK. :wink:

Five consecutive seasons on the injury list... It is what it is. During those five years he's played 33 games out of a possible 98. On average he spent close to 70 percent of the season injured or recovering.

I think Lumsden might have played more !

The Lumsden comparison is fair. Both players have talent and can make an impact, but are usually out half the season.

When you sign a guy like that, you are rolling the dice.

Good signing, Bombers have nothing to lose. You take Pierce’s 4 wins instead of Lefors losses and you make the post season.