Buck not practicing today...

Jim Bender from the sun just tweeted
Bombers have 6 QBs on practice field but does not look like Buck Pierce will practise

If Pierce still isn't healthy enough to play on Friday that is huge for us.

Brink is a more than capable backup though…He threw for 326 yds against the Als this past weekend…
Now if Brink were out of the lineup as well… :wink:

Either way, it would be much more satisfying if the Cats trounced a healthy Winnipeg and Montreal. (or any elite team for that matter)
We can’t always rely on opposition injuries to get ahead…but we’ll take it when it comes our way of course. :slight_smile:

I like MB's approach to these things as well as Avon's forget about what the other team has or does not have go out and play aggressive Ti-Cat football and make them respond to what we're doing.

Hopefully, this applies to the team from the last two weeks not the previous two weeks. Side note: You cannot throw picks against good team and you have to cover down field.

Who ever is playing qb for the Peg - get to him often!

Brink is a decent backup but MTL has a crippled secondary back there so I wouldn't put much stock in last weeks numbers. As far as getting more satisfaction from beating a healthy team I think that's silly a win is a win and ill take the easiest path to that win all day.

Brink is a decent backup but MTL has a crippled secondary back there so I wouldn't put much stock in last weeks numbers. As far as getting more satisfaction from beating a healthy team I think that's silly a win is a win and ill take the easiest path to that win all day.
that's why I said of course we'll take the injuries when it comes our way......I may be silly, but I'm not stupid. :)

What team do you consider elite? I don't think any are. Winnipeg has lost our of their last five. Montreal is 5-5 after a 3-0 start. Edmonton is 2-6 after a 5-0 start. Calgary is great one week, horrible the next (which sounds very familiar). BC is on a roll right now, but they started the year 1-6. And after BC, Hamilton is tied with Montreal for the longest current winning streak at two games. IMO, there simply are no elite teams in the CFL this year. There are six legitimate contenders and two bottom feeders.

I totally agree with this, any of these teams have a chance at winning the cup and id include Sask in that list to but they aren't going to make the playoffs. All 6 of those teams have some real strengths but also a few big weak spots that teams have exposed. Its all going to come down to who is hot heading into the playoffs and getting a first round bye is huge.

IMO, BC and Montreal are the two best teams in the league, even though BC has the same record as the Cats..

When BC went 0-5 to start the season, those games were close and you could see potential yet their record was not indicative
Currently they sport a very impressive 367 - 273 points for/against margin.
(1.344X differential, 3rd in offense, 1st in defense)

And the Als are at 406-323 PF/PA
(1.26 differential, 1st in offense, 4th in defense)

And while the Cats have the 2nd best scoring team at 373 they are 6th for points allowed at 356 for a 1.04 differential.

If the Cats can shore up the defensive flaws, and remain consistent down the stretch they could instill serious damage. :thup:
And I feel this team could very well gel as such.

It's too bad the bummers are so banged up. I wouldn't wish such injury problems on any team. My preference is for the TiCats to beat the mosquito bitten saggerville straight up. Just think how bad our situation would be without our starting QB, two RBs and MLB.

Personally, I don't care HOW we do it.. or who even plays... I just want to win and not hand them mosquito infested spies another win!!

Amen to that. I couldn't care a less if the Bombers fielded a team of Oompa Loompas....as long as we win.

215 of his 326 yards were thrown in garbage time...

Nor is Glenn, or Porter, or Boltus.

Only in figure skating do you get style points.

Win big...you send a message...Win pretty...you show up on Sports centre...Score more points than the Blue Babies...you get a W....

Now guess which counts more in the standings????

A couple of hours after his tweet, the same Jim Bender has written that Pierce says he's ready:

[url=http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Winnipeg/2011/10/03/18775036.html]http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/ ... 75036.html[/url]

Still not sure, he also said he was ready last week and they didn't play him.

Bring on Pierce! We got more film on him.

It would be a huge relief if he didn't play,Pierce is big and hard to bring down.If he does play I think our "D"backs will no doubt punish him any chance they can get.

[url=http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Pierce-pronounces-himself-fit-and-ready-to-play-against-Tiger-Cats--131071253.html]http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breaki ... 71253.html[/url]

I hope the link works. But the latest has Buck fit to play. I hope that if JJ gets another chance to lay a hit on Pierce, he lowers the shoulder rather than use his arm like the last time. heh heh heh

One more time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ9lxXWMR-U