Bryan Hall an Argo !

Ahem… said “you know who”.

Don’t be surprised if we do decide to replace Hall with another import or international if you like that it won’t be Drake Nevis. Nevis was here all of last year but never saw any game action, usually being one of the two game day scratches all season. Nevis is the same size as Hall (6’ 1" 295 lbs)same age (27) and like Hall has played in the NFL (2011-3rd round draft selection-Colts) 26 games played with the Colts/Cowboys/Jaguars. If the team does decide to go with Nevis as Hall’s replacement I can see us forgetting all about Bryan Hall very fast. Yes losing Hall is a shocker but we still have some depth and options at the interior of the D- line with Laurent/Gaydosh/Atkinson/Gill as Canadian content and Nevis at Import.

Here is a few Highlight videos I found of Drake Nevis. The guy is very impressive, a real baller and an absolute beast.
Check it out and judge for yourself IMO this guy could very well turn out to be better than the dearly departed Hall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAtAG770Rd4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVuzAAwP7eE

The Rivalry continues Cats and Blew team exchanging players in this weird off-season now Bryon Hall an ARBLOW-NUT??

I'm sure more to come and go of free agents, trades upcoming Canadian draft etc?

Post of the year so far! :thup: :thup: :thup:

Sadly our team didnt offer him a contract

Our D-Line is or was definitely one of our strongest depth positions,
Would rather have kept Hall, But, We have lots of DLine talent still on the roster
we can afford to lose Hall much more than we can afford to lose DB Emanuel Davis!

Going to the ARRGHBLOWS, c'mon!! :thdn: :thdn:

I sit in the Honorary Box J now, but used to sit in Box H in IWS. I decided I wanted "positive" energy in Box J more than the "negative" energy I was surrounded with in Box H. Now I am not so sure. I really would like to be an "Honorary Box H Heckler" this year and give BH what for.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

O'Shea was a creep. Now BH is trying to pass him in creephood. Best of luck King Creep, not. :rockin:

Still can't believe he chose the Argos. Literally anywhere except Toronto ...and Ottawa...and Montreal, the west teams could have used you!

Gah whatever we will all need to get over it. If we were going to lose either Laurent or Hall, pretty sure everyone and their dog would have picked Laurent over Hall.

I have watched video of Drake Nevis before and he seems like a freak. I truly believe it's almost impossible for Austin/Tillman to sign a bad player, everyone they recruit just seems to be stand up classy guys who know how to ball out.

Like I said earlier, hope Hall enjoys losing because he just left the best team in the league, poor guy.

Love the artwork :thup:

Be my guest.

Hall had a good year last season, and is a great guy and player, but much of that was Laurent getting double teamed almost every play that would allow Hall and the TiCat LB's to make plays. Never discount the Laurent effect!

Most sensible post in this entire thread.
One by one, the Ti-Cats are bleedin’ talent. I expect Hall to thrive in Rich Stubler’s defense. The Argos just got a little stronger and the Ti-Cats just got a little weaker!

with Hall gone there will be more food for the rest of the Cats at training camp.
He was a good player but replaceable.
Good watching Nevis vids posted above. Looks like an interesting player for sure.
And to be honest American players are pretty replaceable with the right guys scouting and signing. Let others overpay for our FA and let us keep finding gems that we don't like to lose but we still plug and play. That is a good recipe for a successful team.

Austin slightly reminds me of Bill Belichek, and I say slightly because Belichek is the best coach in football history for my money, but the Ti-Cats have shown a real ability under Austin to plug and play and not miss a beat. The Patriots have no problem letting guys go if the time is right for the player to move on, they always have supreme confidence in their game plan and that every player they sign has the ability to plug and play when needed. It’s a very comfortable and weird feeling as a Tiger-Cats fan.

O’shea was and IS a creep to Cats fans.
Hall left to play with the team up the Hwy after what has been posted as no offer from the Cats. Man has to eat.
Cats traded Damon Allen to get O’Shea. Then Cats fans wished him well when he wanted to give the NFL a try only to get his butt cut and come back to sign part way through the season with the Arblows.
Then the Cats trade Orlando Stienhauer for him and after that season he goes in free agency back to the Arblows.
That is the paperwork behind the hate but the way he played and acted was the true reason. I mostly remember a late hit on a QB sneak by Danny Mac that knocked Danny our for a wack of games.
BOO to O’Shea

Just an idea racking in my brain but do you think that possibly Austin is planning on Gaydosh being healthy and starting him next to Laurent. Makes sense if they wouldn't even offer him a contract unless Hall was just asking far above what Austin believed he was worth while Barker saw it differently.

I know I have been bitter but it is a great splash by the Argos...unfortunately, bringing in him and Keon Raymond were a couple of nice snags.

Shrewd decisions by O’Shea, no?
He wins four Grey Cups - three as a player and one as a coach… all with the Argos!
Signing with the Argos (twice) were the two best decisions O’Shea ever made in his career.

As I remember, O’Shea broke his hand or arm near the end of the season with the Cats before trying the NFL.

The Cats allowed him to use their facilities to rehab and condition for the tryout, even though they knew he was not coming back and trying the NFL.

I also recall an interview O’Shea did with the CBC about going to the States and O’Shea said something along the lines of thanking the Ticats for their support and if he didnt make the NFL he would be back. Yeah right.

a couple months back, Mike was doing a Q&A on Twitter and I asked him about why he chose not to come back to Hamilton. this is what he had to say. i have to respect him that he was looking for stability in his career. i still don’t like that he left but i understand why he did.

I dont think the argos were anymore stable than the Cats, in fact there was talk of the league folding after the 96 Grey Cup. So I dont buy the stability spin.

If it was money, just come out an say it.

I wonder if the CBC would still have a copy of the interview with O’Shea from 96?