Bruce Traded to Lions

For draft picks.

According to Dave Naylor and TSN.

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=373130

Seriously Obie? Draft picks?

I really do not like this.. we will need his experience down the road as the playoff race heats up....

A change of scenery for Arland (as its clear he's no longer going to be a feature rec. here) and a salary dump for HAM.

Life goes on.

What else would BC give ? Wont give up any stars because they’re o-fer and anyone else isnt good enough to make HAM’s roster .

I wonder if Giguere might not be on his way here soon......

Yup, its a big contract off the books.

8) Apparently the deal was made in principal last night, then made official this morning when the Cats agreed to pay
 AB3 salary this week !!

You just new that this was coming for the past few weeks.  These kind of constant rumours are usually true in the end.

Funny how it is the Toronto writers that always get this kind of breaking news first !!

Here it is from the Scratching Post.

#Ticats trade Bruce to Lions

Ticats director of football ops just pulled Arland Bruce from the field. He's been traded for to BC Lions for 3rd round and a conditional pick.

Ticats and Lions agreed in principle to deal last night. Went through today when Ticats agreed to pay AB3 salary this week.

I have a friend who became a first time season ticket holder this year. Imagine how she must feel right now having spent money buying a Matechuck jersey then after what happened to him going and buying an ABIII jersey. Poor kid she spent over three hundred bucks to support the team on merchandise alone. I realize it has happened forever but she's only 17 and I think will reconsider further season ticket purchases.

The not so nice nature of the game. I thought Obie would get someone back but if the Lions wind up last the picks are good for the future and Gigure must be coming soon, just a guess.

Here it is from the Scratching Post.

[b]#Ticats trade Bruce to Lions

Ticats director of football ops just pulled Arland Bruce from the field. He's been traded for to BC Lions for 3rd round and a conditional pick.

Ticats and Lions agreed in principle to deal last night. Went through today when Ticats agreed to pay AB3 salary this week.[/b]

While not exactly lighting it up this year, ABIII will be an upgrade to the Lions. We definitely have the receivers to replace him, though, how do you replace his experience?

Smart move sending him to BC, only gotta play them one more time this year and they are a west team

Bruce is a great player, but we are not going to miss him in the Hammer, I love having depth! :rockin:

Sad to see him go but all this constant trade rumors are a distraction to the team. Now we can move on and we have cleared a large contract. We proved that we could win without him and we have so much depth on our roster that will take the sting out of losing Arland. Best wishes to him in BC.

At risk of losing a new fan, here’s an idea: don’t put a player’s name on your jersey. Unless it’s a Henley or Hitchcock type player.

I was hoping for a second rounder, but oh well.

Hurry up Sam.

Good luck Arland! You were fun to watch.

I’m kind of nervous with BC having Simon and Bruce… Could be a threat!

This was totally a salary dump.

That’s why I put Montford on mine.

Bad move ... :thdn:

I have Earl Winfield on my jersey. Because you're right...a retired great can never disappoint you (unless they go and pull an OJ Simpson....). So for all the Bruce jersey owners out there: If you REALLY want to change jerseys, just change the nameplate to "Winfield", and all will be well.

I like the trade.
we didnt need him and it gives us cap room to bring in some NFL cuts.