Bruce Speaks out!

I’m not throwing Quinton under the bus. He’s got ONE year under his belt and right now he’s frustrated and he’s struggling so it is not fair to leave him out there for him or everyone else.

Bruce may have dropped a pass in the flat, but he's also made great plays for the Cats all season long. Porter, really, has done nothing but struggle in the past month.

i remember a certain QB who played in Hamilton and he took alot of the same flack because he was having trouble holding onto the ball . His name was Anthony Calvillo !!!

I knew some idiot would say " Gee , I wouldnt want to get hit either " I`ll spell it out for you since you dont understand . He had the ball inthe pocket there were about 2 and a half minutes left we were driving the ball and he is in the pocket and cant find a reciever open . He has a clear lane to get the first down with a hook slide . But no , he doesnt want to even do that so he throws the ball up and it gets picked off . If he is so poised why wouldnt he run and take what they were giving him ?? The reason is, he doesnt want to lay his body on the line !!!

your joking right?
how can you still compare AC and QP… what do you see in him that makes you say that? The fact that he cant hold onto the ball? because if thats all they have in common there is a ton of people out there you can call the next AC.

As for Glen he isnt like your lovely Porter, if his first receiver isnt open he wont just take off and run he will do what a qb should and look for his next guy. Glenn doesnt run its not his thing, but guess what he did do it a few times last night and he showed that you can move around in the pocket and still throw a decent pass, something Porter hassnt been able to do.

No buddy im not saying that he is Calvillo , im saying that a guy like you would of been saying the same thing about Calvillo at THAT TIME !!!!!! Give your head a shake will you please ????

maby I woild be saying the same thing about him whats your point? porter should not be starting, thats all im saying…

Calvillo sat for almost two whole season behind Tracy Ham who had no knees left (kind of like Glenn) and AC had 3 whole seasons as a starter before that ! It really took six years for Calvillo to become a quality starter. So expecting Porter to do it in one is unfair.

When Arland F***ing Bruce the Third catches the balls thrown to him and keeps the sticks moving, then he can shoot his big mouth off...lack of confidence in Porter??? Geez, you wonder how much more confidence they have if they are 1st and 10 at the Winnipeg 40 on the first drive of the game, instead of having to punt because our BEST (???) receiver drops a routine ball over the middle...

I am sick of the receiving corp bitching when they can't hold on to the ball...and when the O-line has a good game, then the QB will have a good game. Goodspeed let the speed-rusher at end walk around him all night, causing the first Porter fumble...block someone.

Maybe we do need Glenn to come in and settle things down, but while he has not fumbled, he has thrown too many INT's (ill-advised lonmg ball against Edm ring any bells?)...give the QB time, catch what is thrown and let Cobb and Cauley be playmakers out of the backfield and the O will score. Otherwise, we could have Tom Brady at QB and STILL have lost yesterday.

A leader should open his mouth .....

Nobody to blame but the head coach. As a fan its tough to be told that present success isnt as important as developing for the future... but I couldnt imagine being a player and knowing thats what's going on. These guys want to win TODAY.

It was another low ball thrown by Porter that Bruce dropped. I guess Bruce wasn't expecting it to hit him in the knees. It's not easy catching a ball at your knees. Maybe Porter could make a decent pass once in a while. I know throwing those five-yard passes can be tricky for a professional QB.

The only thing i agree with is that Goodspeed was horrible out there. I didnt notice him on the Porter fumble because it was on the other end of the field, but the play where glenn fumbled goodspeed let his man go right pat him. It looked like he just wanted to go home…

The Porter fans wont listen. He is a great qb and should start every game. If he fumbles its not his fault, and all his interceptions are just because the receivers are in the wrong place… If we keep starting him he will turn into an allstar one day.

AB3 said what needed to be said. As soon as he make some game breaking catches again everyone will shut up and love him again. Get over it. He’s the heart and soul of the offence and Porter just plain stinks right now.

How many games do we have to **** the bed in the first 5 minutes before people realize Porter is not ready to lead this team?

tcfan wrote:
It was another low ball thrown by Porter that Bruce dropped. I guess Bruce wasn't expecting it to hit him in the knees. It's not easy catching a ball at your knees. Maybe Porter could make a decent pass once in a while. I know throwing those five-yard passes can be tricky for a professional QB.

I agree with you 100% if porter could actually hit his recievers when they are in flight i think our offence would be different but constantly you see a crossing pattern like Bruce ran and they have to almost stop to make the catch .Porter is behind on his reads and could be more accurate. dont blame Bruce for this as he has made awesome catches this year and nobody is going to catch 100% of their passes we are human . Arland bruce is just frustrated with this future thing with Porter as I am .The coach continues to cause this like he says the defensive line is playing better so you do not need to insert Adams which was the original starter you should not lose your job because of injury he was healthy play him .if you marcel did this with the QBs wouldn't Glenn be starting

This team is a mess right now.

Bruce just opened the door a little bit to see that there are cracks in the foundation.

AB3 dropped a couple balls yesterday. As a professional football player, if you get your hands on the ball, than you should catch it.

We are all looking for someone to blame. It was a team loss yesterday. Porter was responsible for 7 points. There is no denying that but the game wasn't 7-0 at the end. Every player for the Hamilton Tiger Cats should be looking at themselves in the mirror cuz to throw up a flop like that is unacceptable at this time of the season.

Putting Porter in there to start deflates the entire team. The offence thinks, "I'm not going to be passed the ball quickly, and...Porter is probably going to fumble or throw and INT." The defence thinks, "we'll be on the field twice as long as the other team's D because of Porter's 2 and outs." The entire teamand fan base has lost confidence in Porter. If you start Glenn, the team will suddenly play better because they know they are not going to have to stage a comeback to win. You have to put Porter on the bench from now on, for team morale.

But how is Bruce being selfish? if he is speaking out about improving the team by starting Glenn how does that make him selfish?.. He is not speaking out about not getting the ball or not playing more, he is just voicing his opinion on what would make the team better. It is obvious that he just wants to win, and he is just saying that starting Glenn gives us a better chance to do so… If a player is selfish for wanting to win then I’m sure every single player in the CFL is selfish…

Maybe Arland should shut his mouth and do his job. Apart from that one beautiful catch he made, he didn't exactly shine. Dropped a couple of passes and one of them was even from Glenn.

Sorry, but that fumble was NOT Porter's fault. The Bomber players were closer to Porter (and Glenn for a time) than our O'line. It was a terrible 3 quarters of football and Porter was NOT the only one to blame.

Bruce should worry more about catching the balls he's been dropping for the last few weeks and worry less about doing the coach's job.

Zip the lips and catch the ball.

Yikes… You’ve had your fill :wink: