BRUCE GETS GROUNDED BY ANDRUS

Arland Bruce is not a team player. ive said for 2 seasons, the argos should can him.
he's famous for not running routes, and just making them up on the fly ( maybe cuz hes leaving playbooks on planes? ), he never looks like he's playing up to his potential. he puts himself before the team. he's probably the most over-rated receiver in the league.

simon, lewis, cahoon, stegall can find that 6th gear and win games by themselves. bruce cannot, or atleast he chooses not to.

if the argos had a deeper receiving corps, they'd proly had gotten rid of him long ago.

if anything, this is Adam Rita's fault. shoudla improved the receivers thus making Bruce expendable.

Agreed.
Of course we do not hear a lot of things that go on behind closed doors in the dressing room.
However and reading between the lines, I suspect Bruce has been an on going problem and with his comments has probably divided the room on many occasions.
If that's the case, well then for sure Rita is the blame for not canning him earlier.

If this keeps up one could field a complete team of miscreants and castoffs who are sitting around waiting to play.

Let's not forget his pouting accusations of racism against CFL referees after losing the EF, because the calls didn't go his way... :roll:

He's worn out his welcome here as far as I'm concerned. The only team that would want him is probably division-rival Wpg, and only then because he might have a spare Argos playbook lying around...and save the Bombers sending out a scout to their practices. :wink: :wink:

…apparently the Cats are interested in Bruce, according to the latest on tsn…he might get dealt after-all…obie wants to get him signed before he slips away…lol…wonder what he’s prepared to cough-up for him…???

While I do believe Andrus is in over his head in TO, what Bruce said was over the line, I can't see him playing another down as an Argo barring a public apology and make up session with his coach.

Why would you say he is over his head.
I say as HC he is setting the law down and we certainly can't have the inmates running the asylum?

I say he is in over his head because he has filled himself with people with no CFL experience on his staff. He seems like a bright guy, but at times this season the Argo’s have looked pretty lost and sloppy and I think this is because of the inexperience of the coaching staff they have.

I do like the stance he has taken with Belli and Bruce, but I think the Argo’s are destined for the basement at least this year.

I'm with you Dust............I like Andrus as an individual, but he's got a really steep learning curve in front of him. Given time I think he might develop into a good CFL coach...........but saddled with the team he's got, he may not get that time. At least he comes across as humble and honest..............and not full of himself with precious little to back it up, as with a certain bald headed coach of another team..................

Problem in Toronto is not the Coaching staff. They’ve gone through Stubbler and Matthews FCS…

The problem is with the lack of talent being brought in to the organisation and that’s because of two old f… who are greasing themselves at the end of their carreer and trying to live off the few contacts they’ve made over their carreer that have yet to retire.

How can a team in TORONTO not be able to attract the best of american players?

It also brings in to question the lack of involvment by their owners, its almost as if they’ve lost interest in the Argos since their plans for a stadium fell through. I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if that franchise was for sale, despite the claims to the opposite by their owners.

I bet the fine citizens of Ottawa are just licking their chops rite now. :lol:

Not everyone out there wants to live in Toronto. Or any very large city for that matter. Not all of these big name americans grew up in big metropolis’s and a lot of people who haven’t have no desire to ever do it. I know I don’t.

Same here, but Toronto is the closest thing to large American cities, you have to think it shouldn’t be a problem. I’m sure it is an attractive destination for many players. Not to mention the ability to fly anywhere in the US easily from Toronto. There was a time when Toronto was the place where most guys wanted to be.

Now do see why I call him "Arland Bruce the Turd"?

There's talk that the Argos are trying to deal him to Hamilton. I don't think Obie is stupid enough to throw away a good player for Bruce, when the Argos are clearly preparing to release him.

And if Obie signs him as a free agent, I will be ticked off. I don't want him here; and I won't cheer for him or anything he does as a Tiger-cat. He has no business contaminating the locker room, or defiling the sacred uniform, of this team.

This just made my day.

…and in defiling the uniform…would that be in reference to the ‘turd’ remark of another poster…sorry BigDave…couldn’t resist…I think he’s pretty well filled his pants in T.O…where he lands is anyones guess…but i hear 3 clubs have expressed interest…the Cats being one of them… :roll:

Come on, admit it... you all wish you lived in Toronto :slight_smile:

Go Argos!

I never liked Bruce even when he was a Bomber. I’m not surprised he’s showing his true colours on the big stage. Good riddance! BTY, Madjack, you sure got a hate on for Kelly. Did you find out he uses bad grammar ?

I believe last season, people pointing fingers at Joseph for the team division, I blame Bruce. Even with Winnipeg he had that swagger to him.