Brody Mcknight Traded

Ça en dit long sur Tillman. Faut lui pardonner; ses médicaments lui ont déjà fait faire des bêtises pires que celle-là. Enfin, c’est ce qu’il a prétendu.

Mais Hervey peut se consoler. Les Alouettes ont libéré Schiavone, alors il peut aller le rechercher sans donner quoi que ce soit.

We are getting a good P/K game from Sean Whyte. He has averaged 44.4 yds re punts. On FG he has made 80.5 % completion with an average yardage of 31 yds. During the season I recall Whyte saying that his punting average would be higher but for the ST coach telling him to first do place punting, leaving distance punting as the 2nd choice. Whyte is in the top 75% of kickers re P/K. Whyte is in the last 25% of Cfl kickers with respect to kickoff yards, the two leaders averaging 10-12 more yards than does Sean. What the stats don't now show,however is the number of shanked punts he seems to deliver- perhaps one or two each game. Hopefully the coaches will be able to "coach" another 5-10 additional kickoff yards and, lead him, hopefully,to eliminate the shanks. Whyte will have to improve his consistency to maintain himself on the team.

L’autre problème de Whyte en botté d’envoi et en botté de dégagement, c’est que trop souvent, il ne botte pas assez haut pour que la couverture se rende au retourneur avant qu’il n’attrape le ballon. Et il ne faut pas compter sur lui pour nous donner un botté de dégagement de 60 verges lorsque l’équipe en a besoin.

His hang time is terrible. I don’t really buy the kicking for precision argument. It is useless if you can’t get any height on your kicks. If anything kicking for shorter distance he should get better height. Now obviously when your aiming for the sideline you probably want the ball to have forward momentum. I guess we will have to wait and see how things develop. They will get a good look at Whyte during spring camp.

Hawkins has made it clear that they need to improve field position exchanges, so we will get to see what White can do. I sort of took Hawkins comments as indication the possibility that they might use two kickers.

Random thought - what ever happened to the linemen (Pierre Desjardins, Jack Abersham) who would boom it straight on and be able to actuallu cover the kick too?

Im late to the party with this, but dont think Desjardins was a kicker. There was Justin Canale and Bobby Jack Oliver back in the day for the Als.

McKnight has been released by the Tiger-Cats. That`s 4 teams that have given up on him.

Luckily Popp was able to hypnotize Tillman in the trade with Emonton.

Turned that into Mike Edem and Nick Boulay :thup:

I think he confused Desjardins with … George Springate, who preceded Justin Canale as Als kicker, although he was not a lineman as I recall. I believe he was a MLA while kicking for the Als .

In 1970 Springate handled field goals, Canale kickoffs. Canale replaced him in 1971 I believe.

And in 1970 during the FLQ crisis, Springate as an MLA had to have a QPP bodyguard with him on the bench. Talk about icing the kicker!

I think Springate lasted a couple more years, but Canale may also have handled the longer field goals as I don’t recall Springate having a particularly strong leg; the good old days of Sam the Rifle as head coach. I’ll always remember

• a fan from the Islands (Jamica-type), with a heavy accent, near my dad’s seats who had it in for Merl Code (the conerback)
  • Terry Evansen, Sonny Wade, Gordie Judges and Glen Weir, George Mira, PDR, Bruce Van Ness, Moses Denson, etc.

McKnight has been added to Winnipegs practice roster. Thats team No. 5. Lots of air mile points if nothing else.

Which leaves me to wonder which CFL player has played for the most different teams?

Arland has played for five

Winnipeg
Toronto
Hamilton
BC
Montreal

Matt Dunigan played for 6
Edmonton
BC
Toronto
Winnipeg
Birmingham
Hamilton

Damon Allen played for 6. Included are two different stops in Edmonton

Edmonton-2x
Ottawa
Hamilton
Memphis
BC
Toronto

It looks like our old friend Elfrid Payton had 6 also.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 1991-1993
Shreveport Pirates - 1994
Baltimore Stallions - 1994 -1995
Montreal Alouettes -1996-1999
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2000
Toronto Argonauts - 2001
Edmonton Eskimos - 2002-2003
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2004

should you count Baltimore and Montreal as two separate teams?

You`re right, should probably only count as one, unless he would have joined the Als at a later date.

Fred Perry also had 6.

Toronto Argonauts - 1999-2000
Edmonton Eskimos - 2001
Ottawa Renegades - 2003
Calgary Stampeders - 2004
Saskatchewan Roughriders - 2005-2007
Edmonton Eskimos - 2008
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2009

And its funny, in hockey its the journeymen that play on lots of different teams, but the CFL playeres we named are star players.

[/b]

That’s true hey? Hall of famers many of them. Miles Gorrell is another one.