Brody Mcknight signed

I sure hope so. We are getting killed on field position, Im sure Trestman realized this, and its no coincidence McKnight has been brought in.

And Thursday I will be screaming if Bischoff has Whyte squib kicking and Calg. end up starting drives from their 50. Man up, kick it to Taylor, and if he breaks one he breaks one.

Well, no, DON'T kick it to Taylor. Kick it away from him, make him have to cover some distance to field the punt, by which time our cover team has closed the gap. You kick it straight to Taylor and you're asking for trouble.

I’m not discounting Duval’s ability on punts and kickoffs. Absolutely it was a factor. But we are also horrible at blocking for our own kick returner, and that has nothing to do with Whyte, and everything to do with Bischoff IMO.

Popp est dans une belle situation.

Si le nouveau performe mieux que Whyte, il aura donc bien fait de le repêcher pour le poste ET d'aller chercher Whyte en attendant. S'il fait pire que Whyte, Popp aura bien fait de se garder une option.

Jusqu'à maintenant, Whyte est très fiable sur les placements. Ce qui semble poser problème, ce sont ses dégagements et ses bottés d'envoi qui ne sont pas assez puissantes, tant en hauteur qu'en distance. Lorsqu'il est dans sa zone de confort, Whyte place bien son ballon. Lorsque l'équipe a besoin de distance, il a des problèmes tant dans la hauteur que la distance, et son placement est plus aléatoire. Pour avoir le poste à lui seul, c'est à ces chapitres que McKnight doit être meilleur que Whyte, en plus de devoir être aussi fiable sur les placements.

Il demeure qu'à l'instar de D & P, je considère que le problème plus criant est la pauvreté de nos schémas de blocage et de nos schémas de couverture. Ce sont les éléments dont Bischoff est directement responsable, et nous devons grandement améliorer ces points dès cette première moitié de saison.

Pour ce qui est du gabarit de McKnight, disons que si le botteur doit effectuer le plaqué, c'est que 11 autres joueurs (et un coordonnateur?...) n'ont pas fait leur travail.

Sean is a place kicker. He tried to become a punter. Its just not in the cards. Not his fault.

Glad Jim didn’t wait long to bust a move. Sean had all of 2011 to prove himself.

Still a very good place kicker but his trade value is almost non existant if he can’t do the 3 jobs. I don’t have a problem with dressing two kickers the way our cover teams are playing. I’m sure we can do without one of them.

While watching a recent game I was thinking what LeStaff noted- Sean was pretty helpless as the last person on the field to stop a potentially stop a huge runback from an opposing team. I noted one returner just breeze past him. Duval actually was quite good at tackling an opponent before he fully broke free from the defense.

Did you see the tackle McCallum threw in the first game ? McKnight’s college coach said he could have played DB for his college team but he was too precious as a kicker. Its nice to have 12 defenders on the field instead of 11. Nice bonus.

Whyte is no Prefontaine or Duval that’s for sure.

Since we are on the subject of special teams sorta. Who is the genius who put our #2 QB on kick return rotation ?

You know the answer. :slight_smile:

I`m unaware of this. Please explain.

Believe it or not, sheldon, SOMEONE decided, in his infinite wisdom, that it would be a super-duper idea to have our no. 2 QB return a kick in the Calgary debacle. Because, you know, it’s not like we’re dependent on Adrian if Calvillo goes down, or like we rely on McPherson for short-yardage conversions. Nah. let’s toss our stud QB of the future into a situation where ANY MOFO ON THE FIELD has carte blanche to take Adrian’s head off if he gets close enough to be tackled. :roll: :roll: :thdn:

Don`t remember seeing this, remember Lavoie returning a KO. Wow! Trestman should not have allowed it then.

McPherson was on the teams…when?
Please refer to exact time so we can watch it for ourselves

No...honestly
I neither saw that
Nor do I believe ANYONE is that stupid

You must be mistaken

Hold up...
Could it be that you mistook Noel Devine for McPherson?
McPherson used to wear #5
Switched to #3 this season

Still haven't seen AD on the return team
What part of the game was that?

Maybe that’s what it was… That would make more sense.

Joe Theismann returned punts for the Redskins when he first joined the NFL. Tim Tebow is going to be on the Jets punt unit. It`s one more tool to have in the kit.