Bringing Water to Ivor Wynne Stadium

This may have already been discussed. Sorry if I missed it.
Is it okay to bring 600 ml of water into the stadium Saturday evening?

You might as well say 600ml of beer or vodka.I think it’ll all be looked at the same by security.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when Bob Young used the 5th Quarter and Ted Michaels to apologize to the fans for the deplorable show at the concessions, did he not say that he would keep us advised on this site as to how things would improve for the Montreal game on the 24th?
Well, water was one of those issues, and I still haven't heard an answer from Mr. Young or anyone else in the organization about this or several other issues that were brought to light in the time following that game.
Perhaps they think that "silence" will make it go away. If so, they don't know their supporters.

thats odd, i thought they said something about checking with fan feedback after the game.... and hopeing we'd be impressed, and failing that something about alien face huggin....

I'm the guy that got caught with 2 500ml bottles of water. I was cheesed not so much about the dumping of the water...but the treatment by a Hamilton Police officer! I have sent 2 e-mails to Hamilton's Chief Mullan asking for his comments. No answer! :thdn: :thdn:

At least the Ticats listen to your complaints about the service. :thup:

All I hear is complaining about this complaining about. You guys make me sick. Maybe for once post something about what the Cats do in the community or the fun you have coming down to the stadium.

If I was new to Hamilton and didn't know any better...I would come to the conclusion that this team isn't supported by its 'fans' (for lack of a better word)

Most Ticat fans would agree that the Ticat organization is working very hard to improve the product on the field. They are also doing great work in the community. Those topics have been addressed in other threads.

Rocky123 was simply asking whether Ticat fans will be permitted to bring a 600 ml bottle of water to Ivor Wynne Stadium. This is a legitimate question that deserves an appropriate response. People can bring bottles of water to work and other public places. People receive complimentary glasses of water in restaurants. One hopes that the Ticat organization will reconsider its current policy and allow fans to bring water into the stadium.

bottled water is not allowed in most if not all sporting/concert facilities.
I was at a Springsteen show last weekend and the officers were making people drink it up or pour it out before entering.
Infact I also witnessed a group of women having to use up as much of a can of "Off" as they could because the can was also not permitted.(outdoor event)
Any bottles sold within the theater were capless.

Well you do have a valid point there...BUT YOU ARE NOT NEW TO HAMILTON AND DO KNOW BETTER! I notice you've been on this board since May 29th so you must have followed the discussions....ie: Bob Young and the Ticats asked for input on how to make things better!

I as an example though do have an excuse...I'm from 100 miles away and yet I have 4 season's tickets, but that doesn't make me any more of a fan than anyone else...but I as a visitor to Hamilton spending a considerable amount of money for motel's and food, for several years now, would expect to at least get a "Thank you for your letter" from your Chief of Police when I documented the entire adventure...not once but twice...and followed up with a "could I please have a response"! :thdn:

Take a look some time at your own City Of Hamilton Police Board website....if you want to make a compliment...there is a direct e-mail address...but if you have a concern (which is what I commented on ) or a complaint, heaven forbid...there is an entire, long process to go through! :roll:

I did get with a lot of digging the e-mail address for your Chief Mullan. No Response!
I would have let this all die 10 days ago...but people keep bringing it back up...so "whoknows" the answer! Pardon the pun! :lol:

Woody wrote:

as an example though do have an excuse...I'm from 100 miles away and yet I have 4 season's tickets, but that doesn't make me any more of a fan than anyone else...but I as a visitor to Hamilton spending a considerable amount of money for motel's and food, for several years now, would expect to at least get a "Thank you for your letter" from your Chief of Police when I documented the entire adventure...not once but twice...and followed up with a "could I please have a response"!
I would seriously hope that 'our' Police Chief has more important matter to attend to then writing an apology letter to you just because a police officer gave you alittle attitude. Leave the crime fighting to the police.

Seconded!

I wasn't looking for an apology...you don't have all the facts, so don't be judging me. It's a sad state when we lose common decency among our security.

and, JAG...I'm sure you would have done the same if it happened to you! In any event, I'm just going to forget about it!

i dont know about you all... but it would be my hope that the biggest concern the cheif of police had to worry about was woody's complaint... it'd mean you lived in a much safer city.

i would hope that Cheif Mullan would at least read his own mail, or at least have some sort of cookie cutter type of reply for complaints of woody's variety...

furthermore, I would also hope that the Thin Blue Line isn't so strong as to allow the cheif of police to completely ignore a complaint about an officer's conduct.

just some thoughts on the matter.

keep on bitchin' about the small things woody, it keeps the 'higher ups' honest.

Now that everyone is finished talking ABOUT the question. The question still stands.

Officially: Can I, or Rocky123, or anybody else, bring a 500ml bottle of water into the game?

I wondering as well about my kids fruit snacks and fruity-o's as there isn't much else for them to eat that is sold at the stadium.

where is springsteen playing these days

full body cavity search coming

I think there is an concession stand specifically geared towards small children...

however, if that's of no use to you may i suggest writing the team. Be sure to use the phrase "future fans/customers of the ticats" a lot. lol.

AND, to answer the question itself it the most blunt way (because obviously the first post wasn't clear enough for some) no, it is generally not okay to bring in water to the games... some security people will look the other way, some will be a little less accomodating. as per woody's response.

I would bet on finding more of the latter than the former.

Hope that helps.

Yup, thanks.

I completely understand about the water and that's not my issue. I'll try and sneak in some fruit snacks and O's and if they get taken no biggie. If the do take them and they don't have equivilant snacks available for the kids at a reasonable price, I'll be making sure that everyone at the school knows about it as well.

I don't suppose there is anyuse in emailing them now (6:30 pm Friday night) so it looks like they'll get one chance to get it right from us.

Thanks for responding Espo.

Oh, and Go Als! (hehe, I'm from Montreal, the rest of the crew will be cheering for the Cats! :lol: )

Saw Bruce in Cleveland and Detroit last weekend.