Bringing up the rear

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we are now in sole possession of last place. If this keeps up we'll be able to relax prior to Labour Day knowing that we are once again on the outside looking in.

we need to win two of the next three.. that won't be easy

Winnipeg at Home
Montreal away
Saskatchewan away

If we cannot beat Winnipeg at home, after seeing what they have on offer, we are indeed in trouble. Such being said, we should beat them.

Montreal is a challenge,because we have a mind set that they are dominent...but Saskatchewan handled them, and Edmonton had them on the ropes tonight.

AC is plainly slowing down, and Tresman is making mistakes...I do think they can be "had"!

All bets are off if we get that chorus of fools that claimed to be officiating last Friday night, and handed the game in a bag to Calgary with their "non-calls".

Yes, yes, I am aware that the Cats didn't get it done completely, but its so much easier to lose when the Ref's decide to stick it to you, and maybe MB will decide to take the trey on third and one at the one...

I see a 1-4 record by the end of July...

Way, way, way too early for this negativity. There are 16 games left!!!!!

An Argo-Cat fan

Lifter, once again reading your ridiculous, overly dramatic posts remind me of how much i missed you when you vanished for 5 months following the Als GC win. A five month pout has to be close to a world record!

Ti-Cats need a win to remind themselves that they're a better football team than what they've shown so far. With Winnipeg and Toronto no longer league doormats, a poor start to the season could bury Hamilton's playoff hopes.

That's true. Every team goes through a dry spell during the season. Even the great teams. It just so happens that ours is happening at the beginning of the year. The only danger in that is that it could be very deflating to the team to have it at the beginning of the year. Even if they go 0-4, Marcel needs to keep these guys focused. This will prove what kind of coach he is. I've always had the feeling he isn't the greatest motivator, hopefully I'm wrong.

There that's better. Couldn't have the A-word in my post.

Much as I hate to do it, I have to agree with BF here. We are in sole possesion of last place by TWO POINTS!! OMG take a deep breath and move on. It's not even week 3 yet.

It's no longer a question of being a good Team or not; we ARE a good Team.

Our problem is what it was before, & will continue to be, unless some things change.
It is our coaching that is lacking. Said it before, and don't mind saying it again - we will continue to lose because of our coaching ( or lack thereof ).
Any time you are at home, with a lead with less than 1 minute to play ( I think it was 10 seconds ) - you MUST win that game.
To take that last minute penalty is in-excusable. The coaches need to tell their players 2 things only, when defending with a lead in the last minute, and it is:

1. don't blow your coverage
  2. don't take STUPID penalties
    This is NOT rocket science, folks.
    So, unless Johnson didn't hear it, or is really stupid, I fail to see why this was missed.
    I doubt that Jamal Johnson is either deaf or dumb, so I'll have to blame the coaches on this one.
    I'm willing to put this on record that Coach Belefuille will not survive the season.
    The EAGLE has landed..... :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

With no disrespect intended, one .500 season after 5-6 years of futility doesn’t mean the team has permanently turned the corner. That’s why it’s imperative for the Cats to start winning ASAP.

Our problem is what it was before, & will continue to be, unless some things change. It is our coaching that is lacking. Said it before, and don't mind saying it again - we will continue to lose because of our coaching ( or lack thereof ).
I agree with you in part. Yes, the players have to perform, but in close games when the game is on the line, a good coach can often be the difference between a win and a loss. During week one, an error on the part of Marc Trestman led to us blowing a chance to put three points on the board before the half against the Riders; those three points proved to be the difference in the game.

I dont think it is too early to be negative: based on last season's turnaround, the expectations have been high for this team going into 2010. They must develop a sense of urgency in the early games, and that has not shown in the first 2 matches. Yes, there are 16 games left, but they already have 2 losses. Most common predictions (pre-season) seemed to have the Cats going 10-8 or 11-7. To end up there, they can only afford to lose 5 or 6 more games.

It's not too early for negativity when expectations are high.