Bring On the Argos!

3 Likes

Darby loses his backup DB spot to make room for Simoni, with Wilson shifting to backup at LB.

Mike Jones starts in his first game back!

Other than that, very consistent with last week.

4 Likes

1 Like

I see Woods III is a GTD again!
P.S. @FMFan , you need to charge your phone! :rofl:
Thanks for posting!

Shame to see Wilson demoted. He has impressed me at LB. But Simone is obviously going to start if he can.

1 Like

Makes it interesting given that he is also one of just two backup DBs.

As usual, we have more players backing up the seven LBs and D-linemen than we do backing up the other 17 starting positions. Hopefully that means those guys stay fresh enough to shut down A.Harris all game, and also jump all over M-Sitting-Duck-BT.

1 Like

Argos get some major talent back at receiver, with E.Rogers and D.Daniels listed as starters. Speedy B relegated to backup role, as wisely predicted in the third post of this thread. (How long are they willing to keep paying six figures to a backup? Speedy may have already circled "guaranteed salary day" on his calendar.)

Along with Gurleigh Kittens and M.Ambles and some other guy, that's a pretty talented receiving corps. Is our DB group more talented? Strength against strength.

Week-9-August-6-2022-vs-Hamilton-PDF.pdf (d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net)

1 Like

Answers for those 15 questionable players on the injury report most are playing

Those are mostly ST players.

IMHO,
The key is to stop Harris, the rest will fall into place

2 Likes

So, Speedy is now relegated to a backup! :anguished:

Looks that way.
Argos are starting 9 CDNs they do have impressive CDN depth

Interesting - although possibly not a decision they made by choice. I looked back at their depth chart for their first game and two of five O-line starters were American. Now those two (Tate and Allen) are both injured. Allen was listed as a starter last week.

For TOR’s sake, they’d better hope their new O-line starters are good. For our sake, I’d be happy to see a performance like last week, when OTT got to the QB for 4 sacks and held the starting RB to 17 yards rushing on 9 carries.

3 Likes

Sorry that was my iPad…. My phone is fully set for road trip tomorrow

Just kidding you FMFan, I prefer that Depth chart,
Thanks for posting

Np I knew u were only kidding…

1 Like

Darby jr too talented to not be dressed

3 Likes

For sure, I like his energy.

1 Like

I shared this impression, I like Darby jr. (#22) as well.
I thought that Leonard (#23) would be the odd man out, when Brooks (#26) returned to the active roster. But it appears the Coaches believe otherwise.

1 Like

In terms of the active roster for this game, I always question the wisdom of entering a stadium with only 6 O-Linemen dressed for the game (ie. only 1 backup) especially when they are using formations that have all 6 of them on the field at the same time.

Coach O & his staff have rolled the dice & got away with this in the past. I certainly hope that we do not get an opportunity to find out who the "emergency" O-Lineman will be in the event that 2 of them get banged up during a game.

I remember last year when we played the Alouettes at home ( yes, the game where we were beaten by the late VAjr to Lewis TD ), Montreal actually lost 3 O-Linemen at one point during that game, & Sewell (#90) was supposed to enter the game as an "emergency" O-lineman, but he was not allowed to do so with the #90 . . . and Montreal was not prepared with an alternate jersey on the sidelines.
A real Keystone Kops moment . . . so they played a 250# undersized DE at RG for a couple of series until Tony Washington limped back into the lineup . . . and they still won that game !!
Sorry . . . did not intend to relive that horrible low point from 2021 . . .