Bring Back the Rough Riders Uniforms & Helmets !

They had their theme nights this year so again, unless they did some throwback event, I don't see much of it happening either.

What we might see is a new "3rd jersey" to replace the red atrocity that Reebok came up with last year. Maybe Adidas will whip one up on which we can actually read the numbers. :?

Here's an idea ... MAKE THE NUMBERS WHITE and bring back the block numbers so we can read them clearly and get rid of the italics.

Whatever they do to make them easier to read…The silver numbers on the 3rd jerseys in particular were awful.

The practice uniforms are plain black with the white italic numbers. Take that and simply add thick red with thin white stripes on the sleeves and you have the perfect home jersey. Then, add a single thick red stripe down the centre of the helmet with a thin white stripe on either side of that red stripe, and you have perfection again. Then, add white pants with a black stripe down the length of the leg and you're done. A perfect Ottawa football uniform.
A white face mask on the front of the helmet may or may not improve the look of the helmet.

:thup: :cowboy: :) Amen to that. Then put the RedBlacks' R or the RR R on the helmet and we're done. Perfection !!! :lol:

They should be using new 3rd uniforms next season, I expect that they will be red again, most of the players like them. It would be nice to see the single R on the helmet, but I doubt it will happen. The need to put a number on the front of the jersey as well.

I agree. They most likely will have a new third jersey as Reebok is out and I Adidas (?) is in. I expect to see them wearing those red ones tomorrow, for the FINAL time and they will be given away after the game to some of us lucky fans. :wink:

Love the uniforms. Love this team.

Any update on addidas and possibly new third jersey . Would love to at least see old Ottawa RR uniforms even with new rb logo . The Phillips new era hat with the two bloody axes and the R looked pretty good (sold out).

Not sure what thread to put this in, but I was watching some old You Can't Do That On Television episodes on You Tube, and one of them had a cameo by Rider legend Tony Gabriel.

[url]- YouTube

Cue it up at about 18:45. :smiley:

To my eye, the RBs improved their uniform look, both home and away, by wearing the their Signature pants in both the Eastern Final and the Grey Cup. In the latter, combining them with the away jersey and home helmet made for their best ever look, IMO.

Yeah, honestly, I was surprised at how good that looked. We’ll see what happens with Adidas but if they wanted to continue with something like that I think it would go over quite well. All the feedback I’ve seen, anyway, has been positive.

I have to agree about the black helmets, HUGE improvement and look. The team should ditch the white helmet look next season and just stick to the darker black helmet look for both home and away. I mean they are called the REDBLACKS afterall not the WHITEBLACKS.

Actually I’m not sure if anyone is aware of this or not but the Ottawa unis are very similar to the Rutgers College unis.
Perhaps they could adopt the red “R” logo on the helmets for next year.

https://thegrio.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/eric-legrand-16x9.jpg?w=650

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/rutu/sports/m-footbl/import/helmet_wvu.jpg

To my eye, the RBs improved their uniform look, both home and away, by wearing the their Signature pants in both the Eastern Final and the Grey Cup. In the latter, combining them with the away jersey and home helmet made for their best ever look, IMO.
Completely agree. I thought the combination looked great.

I wonder if Addidas will make plaid slightly more prominent on the new jerseys. The “lumberjoe” movement has really caught on. I myself went from having zero red/black plaid items, to several. :roll:

The team should ditch the white helmet look next season and just stick to the darker black helmet look for both home and away.
Exactly what I was thinking.

That and…plaid helmets. :lol:

The black helmets should be used for home and away. In my opinion they should just have one uniform, the “home” dark use it for home and away. The wearing of white shirts on the road and dark at home dates back to the days of black and white television, now it’s just become a tradition. I don’t think it would make any difference to the fans, TV audience or players if Ottawa was playing on the road with their black jerseys even against teams with black jerseys like Hamilton or Calgary.
Why is Calgary wearing black jerseys anyway when their colours are Red and White??

Gotta agree with you guys :thup: NO MORE WHITE HELMETS and NO to PLAID HELMETS :roll:

and yeah it pisses me off when Calgary wears Black unis. All this would not have happened if Ottawa had a team when they came out with them. No way Ottawa would have "allowed" a color change to "OUR" colors!!

Gotta agree with you guys :thup: NO MORE WHITE HELMETS and NO to PLAID HELMETS :roll:
Definitely not plaid helmets. 'Twas a joke.

they never actually made any of the plaid helmets. Only saw pictures. They said the Reebok could not get the pattern done right so they abandoned it right away which was great!! :lol:

BUT what happens if Adidas CAN get it done right???? :oops:

A plaid stripe somewhere even the piping might make the uniform unique just not a large amount as it clashes horribly . The helmet was just awful maybe it was going to be used to fire up the other team or confuse them to think that we wear our shirts over our helmets.

I have to agree about the black helmets, HUGE improvement and look. The team should ditch the white helmet look next season and just stick to the darker black helmet look for both home and away. I mean they are called the REDBLACKS afterall not the WHITEBLACKS.

Actually I’m not sure if anyone is aware of this or not but the Ottawa unis are very similar to the Rutgers College unis.
Perhaps they could adopt the red “R” logo on the helmets for next year.

I like it. I agree also with Hank01. Leave the plaid to a minimum.