BRING BACK LEMON, BRING BACK LEMON, BRING BACK LEMON

True, but those receivers are all gone, and yet Calvillo is still looking good. His reads are almost perfect, he throws the ball quickly and most of the time right on target. Yeah, he does throw the occasional int, but it’s rare, and most of those are because the receiver is out of position, not because he threw badly. That’s the wonderful thing about football, you can actually tell when you’re watching who is screwing up, the QB or the receiver. I have rarely seen AC make a bad pass in the last 8 years. Other QB’s, even so-called great ones like Ray & Burris make bad passes on a more regular basis. Guys like Durrant and Lulay do so more often, and only good receivers make them look great. The rest of the pack, well, they really are pretty mediocre QB’s. Consistency, that’s what makes a great QB, IMO. AC has that, the rest don’t.

Well, I think guys like Flutie, Moon, and several others were QB’s who could make receivers look good and AC is in that group. No one else is in the current crop of CFL QB’s. I can’t speak for the NFL 'cause I refuse to watch it.

Different Lemon but same need.

2 Likes

As soon as I read Pigseye’s comment about the Bombers I knew that some kind of temporal displacement was happening here.

“I don’t know about the other teams but the Bombers are the ones who are pretty much dead last in most offensive categories (maybe the Argos).”

The opposite is true this year. It’s our defense that’s dead last in most categories. Shawn Lemon is looking like a player Kyle Walters might try to sign… if the price is right.

1 Like