Rather than have a 2 QB system, I suggest a 2 coach approach. The advantages are obvious:
- The Alz are paying coach Hawkins anyways, so why not make him work?
- The coaches could blame each other for the team s*cking, rather than taking it out on the players.
- Coach Hawkins could teach the Alz players the fundamentals of football, finally.
- Coach Hawkins could smooth talk reporters into believing that the Alz are finally turning the corner.
- Too many cooks spoil the broth, they say. Could 'they' be wrong?
- Coach Hawkins could coach from home, via internet. In fact, it might be best for Higgins to coach remotely as well, since he's used to the TO command centre.
- Splitting the coaching job means Higgins and Hawkins can finally take the time to learn to say 'Bondjoor' properly.
And if this doesn't work, well then we could bring back Jim Popp, as sole HC, or perhaps as a triumvirate the likes of which the CFL has never seen before.