Brian Williams stirring the pot

Last week, Brian Williams in all his shit-stirring glory claimed that this team's fanbase was turning their back in light of the struggling play.

Selective editing showing fans leaving the stadium and angry calls on the 5th quarter must have had the country thinking we'd be back to Grant-McDonald era attendances in no time.

Well we had a pretty good crowd out there and a loud one at that after an 0-5 start. So a big thumbs-down to Williams on his piece...Alas, stirring shit is his job I suppose. Misleading nonetheless.

OSKEE WEE WEE!!!

We had a small crowd for the Young era and the blackout wasa miserable failure. Williams was not wrong. This team can easily go down the tubes unless tonights game is a sign of things to come rather than a fluke

We had a small crowd for the Young era and the blackout wasa miserable failure. Williams was not wrong. This team can easily go down the tubes unless tonights game is a sin of things to come rather than a fluke
The last 3 games though we have played great, and just had a couple problem areas. The major one, red zone production, is now looking fixed. It's pretty safe to say its not a complete fluke, its just a matter of how much progress have we really made. You really can't call this one luck in my opinion, we simply outplayed them in just about every aspect of the game.

Gotta agree with the above comments.

24,000+ would hardly be considered 'small' by any stretch....

There weren't 24000 there. I don't care what the announced crowd was. In fact thats the first I've heard the number

Give me a team other than Edmonton that would draw 24,000 after 2 dismal years with 5 or less wins followed by an 0-5 start... and don't tell me Saskatchewan. They do have the league's best fans but I know they wouldn't draw 24,000 after 0-5 especially considring the 4 hour average drive it takes fans to get to the stadium. They draw well but they do have had the odd game with mediocre crowds even when they've been competitive.

The fact of the matter is, 'small crowd by Young standards' or not, we have avid and honest support much beyond what Williams suggested.

I can't agree more with joedavtav. I was personally astounded (and thrilled) as were our front office staff with our turn-out on the Friday of a beautiful Civic Holiday long weekend.

The "empty" seats were paid seats mostly not filled by fans who wanted to support the 'Cats but whose families wouldn't let them not go to the cottage.

Everyone with the Ticats from Jesse and Coach Taaffe to everyone in our business office are thrilled with the patience and support of Tiger-Cat fans everywhere!

Coming to Tiger-Cat games is always fun, from real Tigers showing up, to World Baton twirling championship half-time entertainment: http://www.wbtf.org/ .

But I'll admit that it is even more fun when we score 43 points against one of the better defenses in the league!

Cheers, Bob.

So a big thumbs-down to Williams on his piece...Alas, stirring **** is his job I suppose. Misleading nonetheless.
It is Williams' job for one primary reason - he doesn't know football so always takes the slant to be controversial. Last year, he implied teams were "tampering" with Casey Printers in an interview with Ackles in BC because BC still owned his rights. Nothing came of it so the CFL office must listen to this guy as much as I do - not much :)

Hey Bob, I'd love to have been there, but instead of attending, I buy merchandise online to support. I've got a few mates here in New Zealand learning to Oski Wee Wee (only after a bottle or two will they paricipate). Enjoy the win everyone, we're now on a winning streak. :smiley:

I am not a fan of Brian Williams.
My favourite recollection of him is a broadcast he did a few years back. Early in the game he had cause to complain that there was water pouring into the press box, and soaking his game notes to the point that they were unreadable.

For the balance of the game, he was at a complete loss. Without his prepared notes, he had to 'wing it'. Can you say "disaster"?

I wish TSN had let him go down with the rest of the CBC sports fraternity. (Biased opinion)

I wish TSN had let him go down with the rest of the CBC sports fraternity. (Biased opinion)
Seconded ;)

Carried!!!

An Argo-Cat fan

I just hope TSN doesn't lose Glen Suitor to the CBC. He's the best of all the CFL colour analysts IMO....way better than the hot dog the CBC uses.

Brian Williams has had a 'hate-on' for the Ticats upper levels since Coach Marshall was replaced and Williams is acting like a spoiled brat....

....nice to see Coach Marshall at the game last night thoroughly enjoying himself and holding no grudges. He's a great Ticats fan and can hold his head very high with everything he has done for Canadian football players.

Suits and Cuthbert is the BEST CFL TV announcing team for me since CTV's Marsden and Stephenson and CBC's Wittman and Lancaster.

Chris's gaga over Stegall can be a bit too much to take at times, but he is hands-down the primo sports play-by-play guy in the country today. The guy could make chess TV broadcasts bearable. LMAO

Oski Wee Wee,

re–I am not a fan of Brian Williams.
My favourite recollection of him is a broadcast he did a few years back. Early in the game he had cause to complain that there was water pouring into the press box, and soaking his game notes to the point that they were unreadable.

For the balance of the game, he was at a complete loss. Without his prepared notes, he had to ‘wing it’. Can you say “disaster”?

I wish TSN had let him go down with the rest of the CBC sports fraternity. (Biased opinion)---------------------IMO Williams is a politician pretending to be a sports guru— He is a negative force(farce)? - and is leaving a bad smell in the huddle!

I agree - Coach Marshall was, is, and always will be a class act.