[Breaking News] Ticats to announce signing of new QB.

Ive just recieved confirmation (dont want to sound like a writer or anything or like I have sources)

However. The Hamilton Tigercats are expected to call a news conference for Tomorrow afternoon where they're expected to annouce the signing of a QB.

Im not too sure who it could be but a Vancouver Radio Station has former Lions QB Casey Printers signing with an CFL team with in the next several hours.

If this is McMahoning, I'm gonna scream (online of course) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oski Wee Wee,

McMahon would be about as useful to the cats as another loss :slight_smile:

Report: Printers to sign with CFL team

TSN.ca Staff with files

9/5/2007 4:32:17 PM

CKNW Radio in Vancouver reports that quarterback Casey Printers is at an undisclosed location in Canada and will be signed with a Canadian Football League team in the next 24 hours.

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Calgary Stampeders, Toronto Argonauts and Winnipeg Blue Bombers are rumoured to be in the running for his services.

The 26-year-old was cut by the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs over the weekend.

CKNW reported over the weekend that Printers was turning his attention to signing in the CFL, and added that he was looking for a three-year contract.

http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=217647&hubname=cfl

Fingers crossed!!! :wink:

Doesn't this guy try out for the NFL every year?
So..if the Tabbies sign him now...they'll pay a dump-load of money to have him take the reigns of a 1-8 team.
I don't care if Jebus himself is taking the snaps...this season is a wash. Why sign Printers to, at best, get you within visual range of .500 just to have him bail to try out for the NFL next year? What if he actually makes an NFL team?

If he goes anywhere It's going to be the Hammer or Montreal (Calvillo is getting old).

He won't go back under Buono. Ricky Ray, Burris, Joseph, Glenn and Bishop all seem like they have solidified the position. Where would you like to live if you got a fat contract. Hamilton or Montreal? We'll see how much Bob Young is willing to pay to the Luxury Tax. He owes the fans who keep coming to the Stadium to watch this sub-par product. Who the heck cares if he's a wash. I need someone new to heckle

To answer your question another way, "Jebus" might sign a 9-game contract then bail, but Printers is looking for a 3-year deal. apparently. :wink:

Seriously doubt with serious coin that a mop-up rental is in the $400-$500K prorated stratosphere. Marcel and Bob will want a commitment.

Oski Wee Wee,

Sportsnet has just announced that the Argos are releasing one of their QBs.

Don't know if this is unrelated.

That's optimism! LOL

Quality of lifewise, I can vouch for Montreal. That being said, this train is moving way quick. I like the Cats' chances because even the Montreal Gazette's inkstained wretches won't be able to manufacture a Calvillo overthrow angle that quickly...we have the cap room, open source money press, and starter vacancy to get this done.

Oski Wee Wee,

McMahon will probably be released according to the fan590 website. Eric Crouch should be back with the Argos this week. We have the best shot for Printers, cause we have the cap space.

Mike McMahon Released from Toronto.

Does that mean he is giving up on the NFL?

And Jebus wouldn't ask for a 9-game deal then walk away....he'd stay long enough to save this team...then we'd end up destroying his career somehow.

I heard a QB is coming here. Im not sure who but Hamilton will sign a QB by tomorrow afternoon.

I hope Printers I so freaking Hope. but regardless there is a QB coming to Hamilton.

Well, if it is the Argos, Bishop is going to be one peeved gunslinger. One way or another, the Cats will find another QB option out of this. I still think it's a go for Casey.

Crouch was either going to be activated or cut coming off the 9-game injured list. I think McMahon has expressed enough P.O. to get a release if I read Rita correctly.

Oski Wee Wee,

It will be either McMahon or Crouch who gets axed. If it's Crouch, I would sign him immediately if I was Hamilton. Crouch has shown a lot in his limited playing time. Darren Flutie was really high on him last season too. All he needs is a chance. For the Argos, it may come down to the type of contract they signed these guys to regarding who they keep.

An Argo-Cat fan

I can't speak for him, obviously, but his next NFL flirtation will likely be in 2010 at the earliest. If I were the Cats, I would want Casey in tow for two full years minimum (remainder of 2007, all of 2008 and 2009) before his option would come up.

Face it, Printers' athleticism and fit for the CFL means that if things break his way, he can have two big years up here. That might get him a more serious look down south.

Oski Wee Wee,

May I ask?

Where did you hear this from?

The announcement is going to be we signed McMahon.:wink:

Put down the crack pipe :slight_smile:

The Nots should stay out of this deal after we just gave Hogtown the best #2 QB in the league.