BREAKING NEWS : QB Casey Printers will be traded

If there is any resemblence to other professional sports leagues regarding a player who is both nearing the end of a contract while also not being fully utilized, then Printers would be traded.

This is an opportunity for two teams:

1. BC to strenghthen their team heading into the playoffs while knowing they will loose Printers anyway; and
  2. An opportunity for another team to at least have an exciting QB to end out there season

That being said, I still believe Printers will look south to the NFL. I have never seen a guy that so resembles Warren Moon as does Casey Printers.

Who would give up good players to get a good QB for only a half a season. It just wouldn't pay off in my mind.

My comparison to other professional sports leagues provides the rational (NBA, NHL, MLB)

What usually happens is that if there is a team that feels they still have a chance to make a strong run at the playoffs then they go for it. I would think the greatest example of such a team in the CFL would be Saskatchewan. They were picked by many to potentially be number one in the league or at least be a strong contender...unfortunately they are week in the most important area QB...a trade for Printers may be worth it.

That being said, I don't think Printers would hang around in Regina after his contract expires...

TSN must be wrong again, because their version is “Kenton Keith was wished “Buono apetite” while eating at Casey’s after attending a trade show.”

I say BC won't trade Printers. It would be more likey Edmonton trades Maas and takes a run at BC for first. The Question is who could Edm use, From Sask, Wpg, Ham Or even Tor or Cal?

Edmonton could use Keith, Holmes, Roberts, Davis, Reynolds or Aver... err... nah, forget that last one.

Its B.S
99.9% of the time sports teams will announce that a player HAS been traded not Will be

What a joke. Anyone who believes this rumor is plain gullable.

How old is Dickensons? cuz he missed out in the Edmonton game cuz of back problems, so BC would be crazy to trade him cuz if DD goes down, who will be good enough to replace him but Printers?

KK - Dickenson is 32, I believe.

OK, but my point was that if he goes down, who will be good enough to still lead the Leos to the cup? No boady, except Printers, so they aren't going to trade him.

The Riders front office is way too "retarded" for lack of better words to ever make a deal this good.

I am not sure that is the right way to use that word, Tumblersman. You could choose a less value-charged word. I am pretty sure that lots of mentally disabled people are football fans including the Riders who would find that word inappropriate and reminiscent of less kinder times when people with disabilties were treated badly and not part of the mainstream as so many are today as people with jobs, incomes and independent lives.

I am sure you don't mean to offend anyone but Roy Shivers and his team but in so trying to find a word to fit, you may be hurting others needlessly.

Buck Pierce-I learned a lot about perseverance. Things aren’t always going to go your way. I’ve become so much more aware of the realities of the game and life…Things can be taken away from you. You can either sit back…or overcome it and fight through it....

WOW

That was a thoughtful response!!!

It is sad that in 2005 people will still talk like that and actually back up what they said when it is politely suggested that perhaps you really didn't mean to offend others. If you had altered it, I'd have deleted my post so as not to try and make you look foolish. However, you are doing such a good job of that on your own what more can I say.

That post says more about you for posting that kind of stuff than it ever could say about the Riders management. I now see on checking that you are a borderline serial user of that word and variations thereof. I see that you used that term when you calling down Nealon Green in another thread. I suspect you don't have the guts to go to a Rider training session and say that to his face. Same as with Roy Shivers who has been known to scrap when he was in BC on one occasion. You are not only offensive but gutless with that kind of irrational talk. How old are you?

Roy Shivers grew up playing football in a time and era of outright rascism that today would never be tolerated. It is too bad that words such as you have chosen have not disappeared in the same way that blatant rascism towards blacks in America has.

It is one thing to criticize, complain and condemn guys in sports and the GMs-all that goes with the turf. It is another thing to use words that are classless, hurtful, callous and outright offensive. Didn't you learn anything in kindergarten other than words like that?

What you lack in social skills is more than made up by your corner on the market for offensiveness and stupidity and for that we will be eternally grateful that you are not a Lions fan!

I guess you had to hurry off as you will be late for summer school repeating grade 4, I suspect.

Buck Pierce-I learned a lot about perseverance. Things aren’t always going to go your way. I’ve become so much more aware of the realities of the game and life…Things can be taken away from you. You can either sit back…or overcome it and fight through it....

Your point about the Lions not trading Casey during the season is inarguably likely the case.

I suspect that we’d do fine if they had to play Buck Pierce more this year if needed. He looks to be the real deal as an upcoming CFL QB. I watched him vs Calgary here, the hi-lites of the first exhib game in Sask and in practice and I think this guy will be a great addition to the starting ranks of CFL QBs and soon.

Pierce-I learned a lot about perseverance. Things aren’t always going to go your way. I’ve become so much more aware of the realities of the game and life…Things can be taken away from you. You can either sit back…or overcome it and fight through it…

BREAKING NEWS: PRINTERS WILL BE STAYING WITH THE LIONS!

Agreed. Last night should have proven that. Now, maybe something will happen to get Maas to play tonight, too, so we can stop those rumours in their tracks as well. . .

Proven again why Buono is the coach. He knows you need 2 quality QBs to make a run for the Cup and as seen last night, DD goes down and Printers comes in. Pierce didn't look too shabby either. Looks pretty comfortable throwin the ball.

As much as it is not fair to have a starting QB sit (Printers), I'm happy we have DD and Printers.

Well said, Lionbacker, well said!

Pierce-I learned a lot about perseverance. Things aren’t always going to go your way. I’ve become so much more aware of the realities of the game and life…Things can be taken away from you. You can either sit back…or overcome it and fight through it....