Breaking a tie now

Now that the expected has happened, beating the riders by 1 point :smiley: , what is the tie breaking procedure if Edmonton losses out and Saskatchewan wins out? I think that it has something to do with the inter-conference play, but I am not sure.

either inter-conference or PF/PA

either inter-conference or PF/PA
If it is PF/PA then edmonton has a very sizable lead in that I am not sure about inter-conference play though

According to CFL.ca
When two or more member Clubs are tied in the final Division standings at the conclusion of the regular season schedule, preferential ranking for playoff purposes shall be determined on the basis of the following priorities and shall be awarded to the club that:

has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League or,
has won the greater number of games played against the other tied Club(s) or,
has scored the higher net aggregate of points (i.e. points scored for less points scored against) in games played against the other tied Club(s) or,
has scored the higher net quotient of points (i.e. points scored for divided by points scored against) in games played against the other tied Clubs(s) or,
has won the greater number of games (or percentage of games) played against all member Clubs of the Division or,
has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division or,
has scored the higher net quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division or,
has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League or,
has scored the higher net quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League or,
has won a coin toss against the other tied club.

I guess I could have answered my own question by doing some research first.
looks like to me it is inter divisional play that will come into it. Edmonton has three losses in the division how many does Saskatchewan have?

I believe we are 5-3 vs. the West this year, but I could have erred.

Hmm I checked it all over. There still a chance Edmonton gets 4th place if they lose to Calgary and BC and Sask and Calgary win their games remaining, with Sask beating Calgary. All three teams would be 10-8, putting Calgary in second, Sask in third, Edmonton fourth. There is a very slim margin separating the Esks from first and fourth, having lost the season series with Calgary and Sask. The Esks could easily get first if they win the two games, or just as easily get 4th if they lose them.

It is to close to call anything can happen. Only in the CFL. I have really enjoyed the season this year. Regardless of what happens this has been great.

looking at the tie breaking procedure I do not think that they take into acount that Edmonton plays the riders 2 and the stamps three times. I believe that the Riders only played Calgary 2 as well. COUld be wrong on that one though.

Yep - only twice.....we played Winnipeg three times, and BC three times.....

I hope it comes down to the last one... a coin toss.

Then when the Riders lose THAT, they can complain the coin toss wasn't done fairly either.

Damn rights, we'd pass that coin through the crowd to every Rider fan to make sure it wasn't double-sided.

...and Roy Shivers himself would have to flip it.

I disagree...For the coin toss we could have instant replay.....

Naw...You're right. The Referee would get blamed for flipping it too high into the air.

do not forget the do overs if it hits anything while in the air or on the ground.

I'm always partial to rock paper scissors. They should have a best of 5 for the tie breaker.

You bastards... we don't complain that much... haha