Brandon Banks will retire if no season this year

A law suit maybe

Someone disagreeing with your opinion on something does not mean you are being “attacked.” Grow a pair.

5 Likes

Its words like grow a pair that make it an attack.people can disagree without personal attacks.this is a forum for people to voice their opinion. If everyone has the same opinion there would be no need for the site.bullying people you dont agree with is right out of the trump playbook

2 Likes

He was using the incorrect term, so sue him.

I am personally disgusted by all the snowflakes on the left who take offence at any perceived slight. How do you feel about them?

2 Likes

You’re funny

Uses derogatory nicknames for people he disagrees with and accuses them of lying

Regularly declares himself to be under attack

Accuses others of following the Trump playbook

5 Likes

All personal.no football

I have to agree with you. this brings back the image of him laying on the field crying after losing the GC to the Stampeders. It is what it is! Banks is a very talented player but the cfl will survive without him playing. Everyone is replacable.

1 Like

Robin Williams, as Sean Maguire in Good Will Hunting, said it best . I was being "ironical ". You gotta love ExPat. :grinning:

Pat Lynch (a big Banks fan)

3 Likes

Also a big banks fan but the last 100 grey cup champs won it without him.if he wants to leave then leave.the team will move on

Ah yes, the “BIG BUT” as Pee Wee used to say. What is said prior to it always excuses what is said after it, does it not?

1 Like

I dont think that applies in this case butt I could be wrong

Not sure why you’re bringing this up when there are far more pressing matters. Like Masoli’s minor legal troubles during his college career, for example. Why is everyone refusing to talk about this?

3 Likes

Because it was so minor it’s not even worth reviewing . Jeremiah has more than proven his integrity .

1 Like

And Speedy hasn't? He has had every opportunity o move on to more lucrative pastures, yet he always re-signed in Hamilton. When he opted out last year, he posted on Twitter that he would sign a 2021 contract under the same terms as his existing one. In fact, it looks like he signed for LESS (mind you, most players have) for this season. I fail to see how his integrity is in question.
Speedy did admit publicly that he sometimes writes what's on his mind without thinking about it too much.

2 Likes

I can’t think of anything more important in 2021 than rehashing minor beefs from 2014 or 2009 or whatever. We can’t let these topics die!

(Also: please turn up the sensitivity dial on your sarcasm meter)

5 Likes

Look, Speedy is coming up on 34 years old, played over 100 CFL games plus some games for the NFL WFT's all on a very small body, yeesh he weighs in at a soaking wet 150lbs.
He has kids and family back in N. Carolina and a 2nd consecutive year of no paychecks probably isn't something he wants to pursue.
He is probably saying if they cancel this year also, He is going to do something else to make a living

3 Likes

I don't understand why this is even an issue. If I had a job that didn't provide me with employment and income for 2 years in a row, I would definitely move on. This is his main source of income not a hobby. You can't blame him for wanting more stability. If he has to move on I wish him well in what he chooses to do next. If he ends up coming back I welcome him with open arms. It's his life and he alone can choose how to live it. I would also like to think that if the season is canceled the team would release anyone who requests a release so they can move on.

8 Likes

Spoken like a true fan. Thank you.