Brandon Banks Moment

Well said bobo8224!! Thanks for standing up for a real stand up guy. Couldn't agree more that Banks has done more than his share of work this season and, just because he didn't play the last few seconds, doesn't mean we should get rid of him.
He said he was emotionally drained after having the td called back, I can understand that!! Does anyone really think that putting him back on the field he was going to do it again??? :thup: :thup:

I'll cut Wooohoooo 51 some slack but only a little. Had he looked into it at all he would have seen that Banks never returns for the first few offensive plays after a big return.

And given his state emotionally a defensive player woulda rode him till he broke and cost us a penalty. I mean I would have if I was up against Banks atm.

Especially because we would normally kick off after a big return, and then our D would take the field.

In the Eastern Final, on the one return that was called back, our offence stayed on the field, but I suspect Banks was not out there. (Didn’t notice at the time.) I don’t recall anyone posting after that game that he had quit on the team. If that is someone’s view of a guy catching his breath after sprinting the length of the field, then they should be consistent about it and say it every time it happens, so that the quality of their thought process becomes abundantly clear.

Sorry I rushed my original post, I should have cut it off after “35 seconds” and then asked,“why?”. This may have led to a much different discussion.
I watched the last minute of the game earlier and I understand the emotional cost on Brandon Banks. I hope it is a learning experience for him and the team.
bobo8224 correctly pointed out the superb season Banks had, and what a gifted player he is. And it is because of this that he was needed back on the field sometime during those final 5 (?) plays. If it was indeed impossible for him to physically get back in the game (and don’t underestimate the pressure he would put on the Calgary defense, winded or not) he, and his teamates, needed to keep it positive.
I didn’t waiver in my belief that this team was the best in the East and told Milsie in september we were going back to the Grey Cup.
Again the Tabbies made us proud. I thank all of them for a great season.

No worries woohoo51, I see from your post count that you are relatively new here,so may I be the first to say Welcome Aboard and don't make yourself into a stranger in here. Here's hoping that we can get the little big man Speedy "B" to re up for next season and many seasons hopefully to come :thup: With no apologies to the guy who was yet again released by the Bears :smiley: (that long forgotten quitter C.W. :thdn: ) Banks is without a doubt the most exciting electrifying player this team has had since the Earl Winfield era. :thup:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Brandon+Banks+Hamilton+Tiger+Cats+v+Calgary+23FQ6tOnEf5l.jpg