Brain Cramp or...?

The spread on the game was +5......makes me wonder how much Maas won on his bet ? :oHe obviously took his own team and the spread . It's the only reasonable explanation for such supposed stupidity on his part .

Bingo…that is the only logical answer actually

https://postmediaedmontonjournal2.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/edmonton-alberta-december-14-2015-jason-maas-does-a-radio.jpeg

You’re OK son! lol

Just came across this clip where Maas explains his decision.

Listen carefully and then ask yourself this question: If Maas' plan was to get the ball back after the FG and score a major thus winning the game, why not go for the 3rd and 4, go for the TD from Calgary's nine and try a 2 point convert? That would put Edmonton up by a point. If they miss the 2 point convert they are only down a point. They kick off to Calgary and then worry about getting the ball back. If they get the ball back all they worry about is kicking a FG. If I'm not mistaken the Esks had the wind at their backs which means if Waters was off on the FG, he probably would be able to launch it through the end zone and get the tie and force overtime.

If what Maas says is true and he's not simply trying to justify his poor decision I hope he gets some serious sound mentoring in the off season because he doesn't seem to understand that it is easier to win a game with a last second FG than trying to rally the troops and score a major with just seconds left on the clock.

Brain cramp.......big time.

I was shocked and confused. Edmonton could have tied the game (or a 2-point conversion win).

On my "top ten CFL worse calls of all time" list.

Makes one wonder what Maas has between his ears ?!? :oA monkey could've made a better call :o

Not to mention all that wasted precious time. If he failed to score he leaves them inside their four yard line. Why wast precious seconds?

Given his temper. Nobody on his staff went to him.

Thought I had seen it all, but accusing a coach of this without proof? That’s low even for you bobo.

That post steps WAY over the line.

Feel for Edmonton fans. There is no way to explain that call. He had a major brain fart and cost his team a chance at the win.

Maas says it all right there:
"......I don't know what the clock said, maybe a minute something or other......"

He thought they had more time that they did. Brain fart. We've all done it, just not in front of the whole CFL community.

Maas now joins the Special Peoples Club for coaches:

Kavis Reed, Paul LaPolice, Tim Burke, Mike O'Shea, Cori Chamblin.

Men who's heads explode when things get super tense!

“A minute something or other…” Given that the clock was at 1:56, just shy of two minutes, he had lots of time, and he knew it. Had his defence managed to stop the Stamps again, like they did the previous four times, they would have had the ball back with great field position with over a minute left.

Now, had they gone for it and missed, Calgary gets the ball on the four. Would that have changed what happened on the next drive? Calgary ran out 1:30 on that drive, leaving 0:13 for the Eskimos to score a touchdown from midfield just to tie (assuming they didn’t fumble the punt).

If nobody on the team has questioned Maas on this decision and held him accountable, it shows how dysfunctional Maas really is(and he is).

If people in the Organization are actually afraid to question him on it, It is an even bigger problem!

When Maas thinks other people have messed up, he has publicly berated and humiliated them in more than one occasion.

It appears that standard is not used for himself.

When he says he had faith in the 3 phases to get the job done and they didn't, he is blaming the team.
Not himself.

Everybody but Maas thinks he should have gone for it on 3rd and 4, He blew the call, fess up!

Maas has got to be the first HC in history to turn a one score game into a two score game :o

Is it any wonder that he never made the final nomination for Coach of the Year ?

To quote Forest Gump...................

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/66634667/momma-always-said-stupid-is-as-stupid-does.jpg

I think Maas has a golden opportunity in front of him. He can endear himself to his coaches and players and mgmt above - by taking this on his shoulders. Mistakes happen. Brain farts happen. Show others that you will learn from it = respect. Yesterday’s interview didn’t indicate he was seizing this opportunity. At all. In fact he doubled down and indicated he may do it again if the situation arises (yet we all know he wouldn’t). There are already rumours that some staff wants out of Edmonton because of his temper and his hypocrisy.

Opportunity is there.

Well said. Hilarious.

…you and I have different opinions of what ‘opportunity’ means…I feel an ‘opportunity’ results in a positive outcome…I doubt that Maas taking this opportunity to tell everyone he failed will result in anything positive…