Brad Sinopoli?

Easy solution: Make Brad Sinopoli the quarterback… then he would get a touch every single play!

I’m not sure he would’ve been any worse than Davis or Jennings. After all, he won a Hec Crighton while playing QB for the Gee-Gees back in his university days.

No way Sinnopoli goes back to QB. I think he culda been a top CFL Canadian QB in the right situation.
But the timing wasnt right with. The BLMs. Reillys. And the old guard of Burris Lulay. Ray. Glenn. Et al still around.
So hecmade the decision to move to receiver and id say it was a very good one.
& it wasntvas if Calgary didnt force him to change positions or get cut.
The circumstances atvthe time just werent rite.
If he was coming outa college now like O’ Connor culd have been a completely different career.

I agree. I suspect that Brad Sinopoli would be better at QB even now than those two.

:slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be surprised if does throw a pass or two on Friday in Ottawa.
I heard Campbell on the radio yesterday and was asked about seeing trick plays, and from his tone there may be a little fun for the fans kind of plays a coming :o ;D

Now thats something that has really surprised me that both in Calgary & Ottawa. That they havent used Sinnopoli with some trick type passing plays. That are in the play book and pull them out at the right moment.

So yesterday evening the Redblacks’ had their biggest offensive “explosion” since the second game of their season against the Roughriders back in July. A very big part of their success was the fact that Brad Sinopoli was targetted 10 times catching 8 for 100 yards. Why the RedBlacks brain trust wasn’t targetting him before this is the mystery.

:-\

yepp

we’ve been scratching our heads trying to figure this out ALL SEASON LONG

what a waste!!!

Good thing is they did manage to sign Sinopoli for 2 more season as well as four other Canadians
(Gillanders, Bolduc, Mateas & Romick) 8)

FIRST good thing Ottawa has done in 2019 :o

It was a headscratcher that Sinnopoli wasnt used as the number one target regardless.
The lack of an OC surely had ALOT to do with that.
It reallt wasnt till Arndt was starter for a few games that Sinnopoli became targeted in a much bigger part of the passing game.
A young inexperienced QB like Arndt. Thrown into the fire. He looked for the Best Receiver more than any other
QB all season

I take it all back. Two years of pandemic and now Sinopoli RETIRES :frowning:
We are really going to miss no 88 and his clutch catching and YAC stats.

Thanks for the memories:)

On paper it doesn't look good but maybe Lapo has some talent that he can go to we don't know about ; but Sinopoli will be a large hole to fill as a go to reliable outlet to sustain drives .

Anthony Coombs might develop into a decent receiver. Didn’t think he was used enough in Hamilton last year. Biggest issue with him seems to be the injury bug, not sure how durable he’d be over the course of a season but less time at running back and more as a slot or wr might help.

1 Like