Boyd’s gutless hit

Yes its damn embarrassing that Boyd can put a guy out for a third of the season with a dirty play and that’s all he gets

2 Likes

Don’t forget to cry about the “dirty” Oakman hit against Fajardo in the TD Atlantic game. If Fajardo wants to play obviously injured then he shouldn’t cry like a little bitch everytime his knee gets bumped. Waaaahhh!!!

1 Like

Boyd should have been suspended. Clear cheap shot. Took out the sack leader of the league for at least a month.
As for the Fajardo hit, I think it was on the line. Fajardo was in the pocket was hit below the knees. However, the defender grabbed his legs more than hit the legs. If Fajardo wasn't already hurt, I don't think the hit would have affected him the way it did.

1 Like

So which was it? Hit or grabbed. Grabbed is wrapped up and no penalty. The play was even reviewed. As I pointed out via the rule book - not a penalty.

(d) Delivering a blow at or below the knees of the passer, regardless if the
defender’s path to the passer was unrestricted or if they are coming off a blocker.

Grabbing his leg is not delivering a blow.

Fajardo hurt himself when instead of surrendering in the tackle he started flopping around like a dying halibut trying to get a call.

2 Likes

Pretty much what I said, there seemed to be more of a grab than a hit or blow to the lower leg. Its how you interpret the rule and the action.

Yes, most competitive football players surrender to a tackle as soon as they are touched. The guy has taken a lot of hits last year and this year already. To see him react to the pain in his knee the way he does, there must be serious damage to his knee.
He should be sitting and getting some medical treatment. For his health and for the team. He can’t run like he normally does, and I doubt when he throws the ball he can plant his leg like he would like.
As for the title of this this comment stream, Boyd should have been thrown out and a game.

2 Likes

In fairness there have been some cheap shots that the league fails to address because they are worried about offending teams down east. Could just be frustration on his part by the amount of uncalled cheap shots he’s been taking

It doesnt matter where you draw the line with certain rules, there will always be debate and biased assumptions as to which side of the line a specific incident was.

Yes but I guess when compared with other things that went on in that game it paled so much in comparison it didn’t deserve a suspension.

1 Like

The lot of you, lay off the personal shots directed at other posters.

This as all a deep state conspiracy against the Riders. Marino & Williams are actually agents craftily inserted into the line up by the league, there to create the massive upheaval needed to oust the Riders from play-off contention. Current bad will is only scratching the surface of what these (& other!) agents are accomplishing within the ranks to which they have been inserted. Watch out for more carefully crafted incidents that will mar Saskatchewan's reputation for decades. This nefarious plan goes all the way to the top, up to, & including Simoni.

2 Likes

And Simoni’s a good guy! :+1:

2 Likes

Like the other thread that came along the same time as this one, this thread has had its time and should be closed.

They definately don’t like the community based teams . Probably something to do with 4 down football, and nothing to do with the play at all. ? What they should be doing is putting a camera inside the command centre so they can televise them during the games, make sure they aren’t playing cards or sleeping or whatever they do in there. Tsn can pan to the camera whenever they want during the games .

you been listen to that orange clown show south of the border far too much :smile: :clown_face:

1 Like