Boyd reaches deal with Argos

Great signing for the Argos but I think Cory should have gotten an agent because it appears representing himself he signed for significantly less that other starting RB's in the league have signed for.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/2011/03/20/argos_boyd/

Great signing for the Argos.

What's wrong with the contract? What are other starting RBs making? Edit: And you can't compare his contract to those of guys like Reynols and Cobourne.

What's wrong with that contract? It says he's nearly doubled his salary. I don't think his new contract is out of line with what other RBs are making. Reports were that last season Cobourne was making $100,000 with the Als.

Apparently Cobourne's up to about $130,000 with the Ticats.

That doesn’t mean that is the average rate for a top RB. For all we know he could be the highest paid RB in the league. Import RBs don’t make huge money in the CFL.

If Cobourne is making $130,000, then I don’t see what’s wrong with Boyd making around $90,000. Keep in mind Cobourne is an established back.

The way that article is written it sounds like he's making closer to $100,000 than $90,000. If anything Boyd will probably be one of the highest paid 2nd year RBs in the league.

I was being conservative. You're probably right.

Boyd said he didn’t want to accept a huge contract that would leave too little room for the Argos to sign other pieces necessary for the team to win

I really like Boyd, the Argos did well being able to re-sign him. Heck of a runner.