BOWLING FOR CHEERLEADERS

While this is a great observation the unfortunate truth is that the owners can’t afford them in this league…another “Black Eye” moment in the CFL.

:cowboy:

why should cheerleaders get money? they work full-time at other jobs, this is just a a side job for them to gather further employment contacts and get hooked up with free stuff, also if a financial company is sponsoring the team , then why do they need an additional amont of cash?

joedavtav wrote:

I doubt all 8 squads beg or fundraise to get there.
Whos begging?
I just think this type of event is better suited for a good charitable cause.
I think the Cats do very well in the community whether it is with minor sports, raising money for through cops and cats basketball, 50/50's, etc. And you mention the downdown building...dont you think that helps the downtown and the revitalization??? Your way off man.
And you mention the downdown building...dont you think that helps the downtown and the revitalization??? Your way off man.
When did I say it didn't.

All I said was that if their expenditures include items as big ticketed as real-estate and video boards… then why do the cheerleaders need to fundraise for themselves to get to the Grey Cup?

I think the Cats do very well in the community whether it is with minor sports, raising money for through cops and cats basketball, 50/50's, etc.
Again... I never said the Cats didn't do a GREAT JOB in the community. I think they're awesome!

The cheerleaders are a way they go about establishing this great community presence.

I stated that an event of this type is better suited for charitable causes. They have other revenue streams and a title sponsor who should be backing their initiatives 100% without a need for a bowling event.

The bowling event is great. I just don’t think its very professional of the Cats to resort to fundraising for their cheer team when they obviously have the capability to make big-ticket investments that must surely cast shadows over the operatiing costs of the cheer team.

I never said the Cats don’t do enough in the community.

I can't believe the whining going on here.

All I can say is that on May 23, I'm going to go get lunch at the bowling alley in question, due to the fact that I am working the hours in question, but work right across the street from said alley.

Come on, guys... who asks for a full, detailed budget before buying your season tickets? You like bowling? You like cheerleaders? THEN GO!!!

If you cannot or will not go, then shut your pie hole. It says nowhere that this is for charity... this is what you pay, and this is what you get.

WHAAA!!!

:lol: What he said :thup:

maybe one of the TC staff could clarify the issue, so we know if its even worth debating or not? Is this event a fundraiser for the cheerleading team? or is the title just misleading?
(clearly money is being made on the event (it doesnt cost $40 to bowl), its just a matter of what that money is for)

This bowling event and the sale of cheerleading calendars
are ways for the cheerleaders to raise money for road trips.
[ away games and Grey Cups ]

Cheerleaders are remunerated for home games only.

It has always been that way. Get over it.

joedavtav wrote:

The bowling event is what it is yes... I just think this type of event is better suited for a good charitable cause. I'll pay for the cheer team through merchandise and game tickets.
Well thats just it...the bowling event is just like the train trip, buy a ticket to a game, buying merchandise, going bowling, etc. It is just another evnt/revenue stream to bring in money that in turn pays for staff, players, cheerleaders, ect, ect, ect.

Nicely put. Although I myself would have also mentioned that Hamilton General doctors can treat proboscis misalignment.

:lol: :lol:

I prefer letting my keyboard do the talking… besides, proboscis alignment is not covered under OHIP, and has a 40 week waiting list.

A reminder that Bowling for Cheerleaders is on May 23rd at Prime Time Bowl in Burlington. It is a great night out and I'm sure anyone who did attend last year would second that.

The cost of the event is $40 per person or $200 for an entire lane of five. The bowling gets underway at 7:00pm and will finish up at approximately 10:00pm.

To clairify some of the discussions regarding is event, just like last year, The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and KingsGate Cheerleaders support the CHML Chlidren's Fund with a portion of the money raise by the event.

For more information, or to reserve your spot today, call 905-547-CATS (2287).

I know I would bowl a lot more often if a cheerleader was the prize :rockin:

I know I’d be a lot more popular at work if I could “convince” a cheerleader to follow me back to work for my last 3½ hours. :lol:

KW, thanks for clarifying the balance sheet… apparently, some are less interested in the “entertainment” than they are in their wallet.