Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs

Hello, friends. I realize this probably should be posted in the Argo forum, but since traffic there is rather light, I hope mods will indulge me putting this in CFL Talk.

Some of you already know that I am writing a book about the Toronto Argonauts winning the Grey Cup in 1983 after 31 years of failure. The book, Bouncing Back: From National Joke to Grey Cup Champs, will be published later this year (2013 being the 30th anniversary of that victory). The book will actually look at a tumultuous and eventful three years: 1981 (the worst season in team history), 1982 (the most exciting season in team history) and 1983 (when the championship drought finally ended).

The book will be self-published, in print and as an e-book. Most sales will be online although I am hoping to persuade some independent booksellers in the Toronto region to stock it. To help support and promote the book, and because I have access to a lot of cool related content (including video, audio and pictures), I have launched a blog about the book:

http://bouncingbackbook.ca

My plan is to update the blog frequently with excerpts from the book, video and audio highlights, photos and other stuff that fits with the project. There's already some cool stuff there for Argo fans and anyone with an interest in the CFL of three decades ago.

If you have any interest in the project, I’d be grateful if you checked out the blog, and I encourage you to send any comments, suggestions or criticisms. It is very much a work in progress and I’m happy to consider any and all ideas. I have set up a dedicated email account: bouncingbackbook(at)gmail.com. If you want to get future emails about the project, or at least to be notified when the book is for sale, please drop me a line.

Thanks for your support and encouragement.

Looking forward to the e-book.

Lulu is a publishing company, A guy by the name of Bob Young owns it, you might have heard of him :wink:

I am sure he would assist you if you reach out to him.

http://www.lulu.com/