Boring "Football" Team

This weekend most CFLgames were pretty boring and predictable. Alouettes, Esks and RBs would lose was a foregone conclusion; and hardly put up a fight. Offence on most of these teams stinks.

Cats-Argos was the most exciting...and if you like come backs Argos did a good job of outplaying the cats. But there was not really a back and forth...we had the 1st half and they took over the second half.

So yeah, to my dismay I will be watching a whole lot of NFL, as in the CFL its pretty clearly drawn out between the "haves and have nots"

Even as a ticat fan; I find myself cheering for Eastern teams when playing western teams. Just to see some competitive games.
Unfortunately, Argos are the only team capable of competing against the West . Beating Riders back to back (Argos were beneficiaries of some suspensions) and nearly having a great chance to win against Bombers (if not for a missed xtra point).
Rourke is the only exciting thing in CFL and the braintrust didn't think he should be visiting THF. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Non competitive football, is this the result of the CFL capping the coaching budget? Something is wrong this year ,I know the coaching cap was in place last season I believe , fans are not buying into this when their team is not competitive understandably ,ie, the RBā€™s ;Elks & Argos
I can not understand why the Argos do not give away 10,000 kids tickets a game for that empty stadium ,what have they got to lose ?

2 Likes

good point as people with free tickets have a tendency to spend money while they re at the game on refreshments and hats or what ever.

1 Like

I.M. and U.R. Boring are related by marriage (in-laws) to Idaho Football Coach I.B. Boring. It was said that while the Boring Marriage was an exciting whirlwind romance spanning decades, the Boring family itself was kinda meh.

I.M. graduated from Yale Yawn and when on to become a professional snail racer winning several international events including the Canadian Tired Snail Classic. His sister U.R. Boring took up stamp collecting and managed to collect every single stamp ever printed in Lebanon except the remarkably rare ā€˜Lebanese Triple Misprintā€™ which arguably the most elusive collectors item in the world. It was so rare that a single ripped corner discovered in the 1932 fetched over 100 billion Lebanese Dollars (approximately 55 US cents) at auction.

Sadly, the Boring family seldom got together over the years due the fallout from I.B. Boringā€™s faux-sheep obsession which saw the release of several Adult Film Titles including, ā€œSheep Throatā€, and ā€œForbidden Muttonā€.

4 Likes

10,000 kids? (10,000 maniacs) The Argos would become the first professional sports club in history to be supported primarily by children. In any event, how many parents in their right mind would let their young kid/s go alone to downtown Toronto? Nevermind, giving them $50. ea for treats and souvenirs. Delivering these children to the stadium would also raise the Momā€™s Limousine Service to a whole new level. Good luck with all that.
The Argos only hope for relevance again is to relocate outside of downtown to a new sports complex which offers a destination easier for fans to attend. A lot of metropolitan, Etobicoke, Scarborough, North York, etc people are not fans of going downtown. Back in the day, yes they drove in to CNE stadium easily, but these days, the same destination is through a maze of road
hostility.

Were the Boring family the inspiration for Gene Wilderā€™s character in the movie Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex, But Were Afraid To Ask. :rofl:

3 Likes

Probably. I.B. Boring was not only the ā€˜Black Sheepā€™ of the familyā€¦ he also did 'em.

Sheepish

Everything you Wanted to Know About Sex Butā€¦

After being banned in Ireland on March 20 1973, a cut version was passed in 1979 and theatrically released in 1980. This edited:

• the scene in which a shepherd goes to see a doctor and tells him how he has fallen in love with a sheep. The line, ā€œthe greatest lay I ever hadā€ was removed.
  • The bread intercourse scene was removed entirely.
1 Like

OK. Spill the beans, Maaax. Are you a professional storyteller, or screenwriter, or on a mind-bending drug like LSD? Or all three? Of course, Iā€™m jealous! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just high on life manā€¦

4 Likes

Far out, man! And donā€™t bogart that jointā€¦.

1 Like

ā€˜Kā€™. :grin:

Our punter has made 3 TD saving tackles this year . Heā€™s an athlete who is only going to get better . The Argo punt block was not his fault , if you watched the game .

4 Likes

Hey Pendejos? How you doing? :crazy_face:

1 Like

Pretty good. I got some awesome smoke cominā€™ out of the tailpipeā€¦ whoa, I think somebodyā€™s stash is on fire manā€¦ :laughing:

1 Like

Not even close to blaming him for the punt block and I think it is great he has made 3 more tackles this year than Ozzie did in his career.
But watching him try to angle punts out and going into the endzone to start at the 40 yard line are not fun to watch. Especially when that punt happened.

Another he tried to low line drive a kick and it went 27 yards in the air.

we lost almost 100 yards against the Argos in punting yardage.
9 yards net per kick/over 20%

You can like the punter, and i will continue to want a change.

1 Like

Deep sigh!
Looking at the 2nd half deficiencies, turnovers and mental mistakes
Compared to most other things
I wish punting was our only problem! :woozy_face:

2 Likes

HA, it is a personal burr in my saddle. I agree not even close to the biggest problem we face.

And as far as the blocked punt,
Looking at the TOR line with 4 players completely unblocked
Coach O should have called a time out! :hourglass: :man_detective:

Looking at this through a bit of a wider lense it appears that the CFL itself has contributed to the decline in quality of play by creating the Coaching Cap. It seems that certain positions such as QB and Kicker have suffered greatly from this across most of the league. Instead of dedicated QB coaches or QB whisperers you have Co-ordinators or other positional coaches doubling up on their assignments. The added workload will mean that some players will not get the extra coaching required to perform at an elite level.

If the Cats are dedicated to Domagala because heā€™s a Canadian that can potentially do both jobs then imagine his improvement if they could bring Ozzie in for a year or two to work with him?

The same thing with Dane Evans. A dedicated QB coach who was preferrably an ex-CFL QB could really help to unlock Daneā€™s full potential. Imagine having Ricky Ray on the sidelines high-fiving Dane as he walks off the field.

Ultimately the CFL is trying to save each team a couple of hundred grand with this salary cap. It is likely going to cost them way more at the gate because thousands of fans are tired of an inferior product.

5 Likes

Great post, K!

2 Likes