BOMBSHELLS: Mexican DB Sergio Schiaffino Perez provides feel-good story for Bombers by making first CFL start

BOMBSHELLS: Mexican DB Sergio Schiaffino Perez provides feel-good story for Bombers by making first CFL start

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/bombshells-mexican-db-sergio-schiaffino-perez-provides-feel-good-story-for-bombers-by-making-first-cfl-start

3 Likes

Seems like Bombers are the best at CFL 2.0

2 Likes

Clickbait headline.

From article: "Schiaffino Perez is expected to play on special teams Friday, replacing Japanese global player Les Maruo on the lineup."

Perez is not starting. Instead, he will be dressing for the first time in his CFL career. Besides, the reason for him in uniform might have as much to do with Global players making less than the minimums for Canadian or Americans as with his playing ability. Bombers have multiple players who are well paid, so it makes sense for them to dress 2 Globals just to save a few bucks.

2 Likes

Yeah the writer of article should of wrote first cfl game not first start

We can find talent under a rock like no other team can. :grin: :+1:

1 Like

We've come a long way from the B Taman days!

1 Like

Yes. The days of famine and more famine. The Brendan Taman era. Our talent starved noses were pressed against the windows of other teams that had plenty. We could only watch and yearn for better times. AND HERE THEY ARE!!! :smiley: :+1:

Remember the press used to say he kept his scouting notes on napkins!

2 Likes

The press neglected to say that those used napkins Taman used for notes were 'sanitary napkins'. After a day or two his notes were too gross to read. Thus you now know how the Bombers became a bloody mess. :face_with_monocle:

I have to say I'm disappointed with this thread, I was looking forward to seeing some Mexican Bombshells!

1 Like

Okay... here's one of my favorite Mexican Bombshells:

Salma Hayek! Still amazing at age 51!!! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like