Bombers VS Ti-Cats 2010

....we do agree then, jordan02, that LaPolice is an intelligent football man....and it could also apply to his assts as well.....

What we don't know is, how he'll work out as the headman and with the new talent he has on the Bomber squad...We'll fill those blanks in as the season progresses....What i do know is Lapo is a huge step-up from the previous coach and so a more successful season is already underway :wink:

ticat fans are just worried cuz they were pretty sure the cats would walk over the bombers this year, no some doubt has started creeping in.. reality in other words is setting in and maybe people are realizing that the bombers arent as bad as some make them out to be.

we improved at the qb position
we will be improved at the receiver position
we had one of the best olines in the league last year and id suspect they will only get better.
our linebackers should be vastly improved, our dline should be strong aswell. we have 1 question mark really and thats a defensive back but outside of that... we should be improved in every position and really our db's might not need to be relied upon as much as they were last season.

from president jim bell to vp/gm joe mack to head coach paul lapolice, bombers are in a better position today than they were last season.

I seriously doubt that anyone in their right mind could dispute that. . .

Where did you read this, Pigseye?

Ask and ye shall receive,

[url=http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/football/2010/04/21/13672376.html]http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/footb ... 72376.html[/url]

Thank you very much. Now I would like to ask for $1 million, please. :wink:

ill see that 1 million and raise you the return of the WINNIPEG JETS!!!

I canā€™t speak for most Hamiltonians, but I would be thrilled if the Jets came back to Winnipeg. Another team in Canada is a good thing, no matter what city itā€™s in. GO NEW JETS GO!

B&G Foreverā€¦ You say we (or even you) donā€™t know anything about Lapolice and Mackā€¦ but we could easily say that about Mike Kelly last year too, and look how that turned out. We could say that about Count Chocula last year and look how that turned out. So donā€™t assume because we donā€™t know anything about them, that they will have success. They might, they might not. I think the Cats will be 2-2 against the Bombers this year. And 1-0 in the Eastern semi-finals :wink:

One thing is for certainā€¦ the Bombers-Cats rivalry is blossoming into a fun one!

your last line is what its all about for sure...

hamilton is probably getting bored with the argos so... u know.. lets start a new rivalry..

who says both the ticats and bombers dont get in this year..

personally i think

mtl wpg and hamilton will all be playoff bound this season.

Oh ye of little age. :wink:

Anyone know the rest of that little ditty. It was over 50 years ago (eve of the 58 Grey Cup) and my memory isnā€™t what it used to be.

ā€¦Bud would rememberā€¦or Jim Van Peltā€¦ :lol: ā€¦The song was sung to the Kingston Trios hit of the dayā€¦Hang Down your head Tom Dooleyā€¦I remember a very bad start to that gameā€¦down 14 zipā€¦then i looked at the Bomber bench and Grant was huddled with Leo Lewis,Shepherd and Jim Van Peltā€¦I just knew the cats were dead after that :lol:
And what a horrendous coaching faux-paus by Trimbleā€¦instead of downing the ball before the half and with little time on the clock, he decided to kickā€¦it was blocked and a quick six for the bluengoldā€¦ :rockin: The Bombers won that Cup and pretty well dominated the Cats the next few yearsā€¦Great Daysā€¦ :thup: :slight_smile:

Umā€¦ I donā€™t know the ditty, guess Iā€™m a little young (and not from Winnipeg where it was obviously sung regularly). I do know the 'weā€™ll waffle ā€˜emā€™ quote. My dad has told me about it. He also told me about all the Grey Cups the two teams played inā€¦ the Fog Bowl ('62??) and the OT game (61?) and the wind game with all the safeties (65?).

So although I am youngish (in my early 30s), I am aware of the WPG/HAM history. But you see, to me growing up, itā€™s always been ā€˜THE HATED ARGOSā€™, with very little hate directed toward the Bombers or any other team for that matter. Our teams had little run-ins, like in early 90s playoff games and the 2000 Eastern SF.

But this is a minor rivalry thatā€™s been building more and more. I think I would put the rivalry right now above the Argos to be quite honest. The Argos arenā€™t very good, which may have something to do with it, but stillā€¦

Fun rivalry so farā€¦

i have no idea what anyone is talking about right now in here..

i blame it on my 1980 something birth year :stuck_out_tongue:

ā€¦thatā€™s okay Killerā€¦you young uns are the future of this leagueā€¦keep it up :thup:

ā€¦too bad some of the present fans couldnā€™t/canā€™t reflect and experience the kind of great Bud Grant teams we had in the Pegā€¦It was something else to see the local papers with headlines and full size pictures on the front pages, after another Cup winā€¦Ploen,Lewis, and Grant to name a fewā€¦You wouldā€™ve been proudā€¦ :thup:

on a side noteā€¦We were bordering on a little arrogance and were spoiled a bitā€¦Comments, by some of the of the Bomber players of those days wereā€¦ā€˜how much do you want to beat these guys by todayā€™ ā€¦(sask. game)ā€¦
ā€¦arrogance or self-confidence??? iā€™d like a little of that todayā€¦ :wink: :rockin:

lol well guess we can add this to the bombers vs cats rivalry

[url=http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/football/2010/05/13/13942586.html]http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/footb ... 42586.html[/url]

good entertaining article with a possibly crazy ending.. READ IT.

This situation is ridiculous. As a Ticat fan and Hamiltonian, I am angered and astonished. The city should be accomodating the Cats by listening to them and making the stadium profitable/ workable for them, but they are not. Hamilton politicians seem to be forgetting that the Ticats will be this stadiumā€™s only long-term tennant (other than a pro soccer team Bob Young hopes to bring to Hamilton after the stadium is built).

ā€¦CHARLIE BROWNā€¦lovable loser lolā€¦I guess we would have the label ā€˜snoopyā€™ ,after last years spy-gate :lol:

ā€¦It seems to me there has always got to be a huge fight amongst all the parties in a stadium proposalā€¦Growing painsā€¦look what happened in the Peg before we got our act togetherā€¦and thereā€™s still whining going on :roll: ā€¦The hammer will get it worked outā€¦even if it takes a facilatatorā€¦orrrrrrrrr some people with a bit of common sense :wink:

While I saw the slight jabs at Hamilton all in good fun, one thing upset meā€¦

Did the writer say that all the city had to do for the West Harbour was clean it up and ā€˜DISLODGE A COUPLE OF WHINOS??ā€™

How insultingā€¦ whinos?.. there are real houses with real families living there. A huge slap in the face for them to be called ā€˜whinosā€™.

As for the ā€˜lovable loserā€™ comparisonā€¦ wellā€¦ Iā€™d be insulted if it werenā€™t true.

Whatā€™s a whino? Someone whoā€™s addicted to whining?

A rhino with a speech impediment?