Bombers vs Riders

With the impending LDC & BB games looming.
Let's take a moment to honor Troy Westwood for stirring up s#!t to make these 2 weeks possible.

All Rider's & Winnipeg fans welcome to post. Simple rules.
Keep it clean, it's all in fun.
If you get bested, (remember we have 8 quarters to play) don't get mad, get even.
Points are scored by :+1: thumbs up.
We have years of history to unload, do your fact finding before you post.
All is fair if we remain respectful.

Please allow me to hoist the first compliment

Thank you Saskatchewan for Paul LaPolice & indirectly Zach Collaros

4 Likes

Huge games coming up, both teams fighting for that #1 status.
Standings mean nothing for these games though, remember the 8-2 vs 2-8 billboard? That kinda backfired, lol.

Never been a LaPo fan, and we can see he hasn't been gold in Ottawa either.
If I thank SK for anything it's Willie J and the Rick Mercer joke about their Navy.

2 Likes

Lets hope Naaman Roosevelt is looking for some vengeance as well.

1 Like

I would remind you that the proud province of Saskatchewan has the 5th largest navy on the prairies consisting of three dingies and a life preserver. Should we mock them for that? Probably.

I too thank SK for Willie J and now Naaman Rrrrrr (a pirate name to be sure).
LaPo is in danger of going down with the ship in Ottawa... having anchored his vessel to Nichol's creaky arm (Arrrr I stepped on a lego). Still I wish him well despite his new allegiance. :parrot: :sunglasses:

1 Like

[quote="Maaax, post:4, topic:72852"]
...hewan has the 5th largest navy on the prairies consisting of three dingies and a life preserver.

you forgot all the tree they have

1 Like

They lost that tree trying to contain a forest fire. They made the mistake of chopping down their only tree to create a fire break. The Fire Marshal was soooo embarrassed. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Happy for them both and especially for Zach, it really looked like his playing days were over until the Bombers were forced to pick him up, Glad he won the Grey Cup too...even happier he beat the stamps in the western final...But, new back to regular scheduled trash talk Bombers going down in the LBD CLASSIC and quite possibly in the BANJO BOWL. Two really good teams, I just hope they both stay healthy.

2 Likes

I would give you 3 thumbs up if I could.

Keep it coming from ReGina, love to hate that place.

Favorite restaurant Creek side inn, East Gina.
Great wings and pasta

2 Likes

Saskatoon here, hate Regina too... But bleed green.

2 Likes

that navy consists totally of Pirates, they will be lookin for you on the high seas now...fair warning to ya... no parlay accepted

2 Likes

Sorry, LOVE to hate,
I worked and lived there many times in my life, after retirement as a contractor I would work there off and on for an additional 5 years.

Another favorite restaurant in Gina is Angkor a small Asian restaurant in a strip mall, again East Regina

If anyone visits Regina, go to the Ukraine Co-op I think on Winnipeg st. fresh pork ribs right out of the backyard smoker (still warm) Thursdays and Saturdays, not to mention variety of Kielbasa and ham sausage.

Man I'm getting hungry, I'm only 5 hours away.

1 Like

I think I planted that tree from a discarded apple in the 80's

1 Like

Arrrr... I bin lookin' fer the 'high seas' in Saskatchawan but I could never find 'em. If those Pirates find me on those 'high seas' have 'em text me an' let me know where I am 'cause I'll be totally lost... arrrrrr.... :parrot: :grimacing:

The high seas are in front of the legislature... That slew thing.

1 Like

It's a darned good thing for Saskatchewan that their only tree arose from your discarded apple. Think of what might've grown in its place had you discarded a used diaper instead. Talk about 'changing' the landscape. :smiley: :+1:

Yea, because a Bomber fan would sprout up if they planted the latter

And no matter what we're covered in we always manage to come up smelling like a winner. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

What, no 'retort'? Well I guess I showed him! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Yup, I got nothing, anywho, the next two games with Riders and Bombers are the most anticipated with the fans and always good

1 Like

The history says we'll probably lose the Labour Day Classic. My overly optimistic gut tells me we'll win it for a change. After the kickoff I'll just let my :smiley: :+1: beer do the talking. THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT!!!

1 Like