Bombers vs. Riders hype topic

I pray you’re right. :thup:

Just a few minutes until kickoff. I hope this game lives up to the hype. It'd be a shame if it turned out to be a blowout. Or another 10-7 snorefest.

Uh oh. Riders get the first turnover. Come on Bombers D! :?

Good first Quarter! Teams are evenly matched. I give WPG advantage on field position and noise. My Riders need to clean up penalties and then start running the ball... The WPG pass coverage is very good....

I'm enjoying this; two of my favourite all time defensive coordinators and they have their units playing great

This seems like a very well matched game.

I was sweating when Ford dragged half the Winnipeg D for 11 yards, but it seems like both defences have settled in. Not sure if either team will really be able to get the run game going, especially Winnipeg. That Sask front is tough.

Pretty even first half, Riders took way too many penalties to contribute to the Bombers TD. I think they should have challenged that catch, I still think it was incomplete.

Another terrible game... The Riders refusing to score points at the end of the Half was pathetic

C'mon linesman, don't be bullied by a coach into calling a penalty.

I think it’s when they’re taking penalties that’s hurting them more. They’re taking them at the worst times. Killing drives, taking them out of FG range, killing any chance of a 3rd and 1 gamble.

No kidding! Brutal call by the Rider coaches… I’m sure that does wonders for Milo’s confidence! SSK is getting killed
By penalties…

Hate to say it, but I think John Chick might be having the best season of any player in the CFL.

Guess we’re on track for that.

Riders can't get anything going tonight. And this has to be near a team record for penalties tonight - must be every second play a flag is tossed

Don’t worry. Your guys will get the hang of this “rules” thing yet! :smiley:

I wouldn't call it a snooze-fest. It's been a pretty good game, I just think these teams match up really well.

Ok someone get that case of Pilsner out again - twice tonight being called for 13

Durant looks lost… Whole offence looks lost. Cortez has got right this ship quick! SSK Might need defence or special teams to score some points…

Yup. Great game as far as I"m concerned. Some folks seem to equate low scoring with ‘bad game.’ I don’t; I love watching great defences perform as well as these two are doing.

It’s not on Durant or Cortez; it’s on a super performance by Winnipeg’s D; give them some credit, they get paid to play the game too, you know.