Bombers, Stamps meet on Friday night in West Division battle

I made poor man’s tacos. I didn’t have beef or tortillas so I made rice, seasoned refried beans, and put it in a bowl with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream.
Would’ve gone well with pineapple habanero beer.

1 Like

mexican pilaf! that’s good stuff :yum:

1 Like

Lets Go!
Go Bombers!
David

2 Likes

So you made…a salad…
Go Bombers!
David

1 Like

Paredes has to be 100 years old by now, isn’t he?
Go Bombers!
David

We have been using the threads started by Capital Dave as the game threads so far. There were a few posts there and some here I see. Link below.

https://forums.cfl.ca/t/week-5-calgary-stampeders-1-2-at-winnipeg-blue-bombers-3-1/86844?u=jon

If people want to stay on this thread it’s no biggie but we should be posting on the same thread at least.

Which one is the official one?
Go Bombers!
David

Just hit the link above.

It’s Week 5: Calgary at Winnipeg. It should appear right next to this one.

Thinking about live betting Winnipeg but we are not moving the ball much tonight so far…

Should be some decent players on the CFL scrap heap soon. Greg McCrae and his speed of sound seems to have displaced the tall man, Agudosi as a Bomber WR. Bombers might keep Agudosi on the practice roster but he could be snapped up by a low-life team (Edmonton, Ottawa, etc.) Same for QB Tyrelle Pigrome.

Is this weird beer any good :thinking:

it is

1 Like

Kudos to Bomber CEO Wad Miller - Calgary ain’t usually a top ticket but it appears there’s at least 27,000 folks in the stands. Even with a few giveaways (aka papering) the crowd count in the Peg continues to astound in a depleting CFL.
Tonite’s count will be 26,500 to 27,800, below that something’s wrong!
Maybe Genius Sports is counting the tix???!!!

Counting no shows probably 30k

1 Like

I’m calling the new Stamp’s outfits -
The Popcorn Box design

3 Likes

1 Like

I had been thinking ice cream parlor awning, but let’s go with yours.

1 Like

I had not heard much of Dusty so far this season, but there seemed to be a change for the better. He wasn’t completely losing it like he did in '21 and '22. I sometimes thought Dunny was rather entertaining a times, but not really top shelf.

Then tonight’s game happened. For the most part in the first half it wasn’t too bad, but then came the closing seconds of the first half. Just as a penalty flag was thrown there was a camera shot of a guy sitting in the stands and the two chucklers immediately forgot the game and prattled on about this guy. I at least wanted to know what the penalty was and which team was guilty, but no dice.

A lot of people complain about the CFL and brand it as “bush league.” My view is that TSN’s sports coverage is more “bush league” than the CFL. This new streaming platform seems very promising, and with some tweaks could become really great, but not with chuckleheads like these. If either one of these guys were paired with a really good partner, that would help them stay on track they could possibly be worth their paychecks, but not with the two of them together.

As it is, I’m not saying that it was too annoying to watch, but that was because I was REALLY interested in the GAME!

1 Like

I drank Labatt´s NA with my bratwurst and sauerkraut.

1 Like

I had no alcoholic beverages during last night’s game. Actually no drinks all day.
I know shocking is it not. I hope nobody is worried about my well being.
Really I am fine.:neutral_face:

2 Likes