Bombers, Stamps bring reg season to an end in Calgary

CALGARY — In the last game on the schedule for the regular-season, the Calgary Stampeders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers want to go into the playoffs on a high note.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/11/19/cgy-wpg-preview/
1 Like

The Dickenson brothers are good coaches. Will make for a very interesting west semi final. Brothers game planning knowing the strengths of their own teams, but also knowing the opposing coach very well. Dave has had the better of his older brother so far. Will it continue or will the odds even out? It is going to be a cold, nasty low scoring affair.

McGuire is not out. He is in the lineup and could still start for all the writer of this story knows. Very misleading headline

Just heard on Winnipeg radio that McGuire is indeed out so the posted report is correct. 3rd stringer will be backing up Collaros.

So he isn't in the lineup at all? That is not what their depth chart shows

He’s apparently not even dressing. Zach is starting which was the case even with McGuire available as he can’t go 4 weeks without playing. How long he remains in the game is anyone’s guess.

Nike_D92 & Mrstallion.........this is a Bomber/Stamp topic??????

Take this rhetoric where it belongs..........To a Hamilton site. We keep a clean house here!! :joy: :football:

2 Likes

I don’t think it is realistic that the Bombers will give up the # 1 spot in the power rankings if they lose another meaningless game with mucho backups. Don’t kid yourself.

1 Like

Our parade will travel from Winnipeg through Regina, Stamps won't be part of the equation. At least you can enjoy your nachos on your comfy couch while watching the adults play football in the WF.

1 Like

Sounds like you plan to move to Winnipeg? Tell you what when you get here you can brag you got back to back GC's

2 Likes

Only in your fantasy ranking would we fall to 2nd place with a loss.

1 Like

I was a little disappointed with how quiet these stump fans have been. Glad to see they were brave enough to get back on their keyboards!

Mr Pony: Why you guys resting so many players? They must be scurred! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

[quote="LetsGoBlue, post:17, topic:74884"]
...I was a little disappointed with how quiet these stump fans have been. Glad to see they were brave enough to get back on their keyboards!Mr Pony: Why you guys resting so many players? They must be scurred!
[/quote
Resting players doesn't mean we are planning to lose. Stamps and their fans are fully expecting to win this, even while some starters rest.
Believe it or not their is value beyond your starting 24.

I don’t believe it.

I think it will be very appropriate having the Riders get their a**es handed to them at IG Field during the Bombers march to back-to-back Grey Cup Championships. I will be able to smell the Rider stench all the way down here in Lakewood, California...

GO BOMBERS!
David

2 Likes

BO shat the bed in this game where the fans here promised gold from the Stampeders and little B

1 Like

This is another “AYSO” game….

GO Bombers!
David

Very true. A whopping 39 yards passing playing the whole first half. It’s also nice to see that the Bombers third string running back can shred their defence like cabbage. It’s a novel thought I know but you might need a running game in a cold weather playoff game. Net yards after three quarters: Bombers 259 Stampies 93. Everything with the Bombers will continue to start and end with their defence.

Stamps are resorting to cheap shots.