Bombers-Stampeders

I can't wait for this one!!
Bombers have got to get their backs running much better than they have, with the loss of Ellingson but the addition of Demski it will provide that sense of urgency they may need. And with Jeffcoat out as well, he is not the whole team so expect a lot of 'fire drills' and the emergence of a shining new star.
It'ill be a hard battle up front, I'd say the best Oline on the night wins the game.
Goin' Bombers 35-24

3 Likes

Well you weren’t far off. :grinning:

1 Like

Great guess!

Our shining new star is rookie 'Deep Threat Dalton' who's Schoen us the way. :smiley:

3 Likes

It was heavily calculated!!! lol

2 Likes

Did you see the hand-lettered sign in the stands that proclaimed: "Danke Schoen!"? We don't need Thiadric Hansen to translate that.

I was very happy to see the way Brady Oliveira played tonight. He didn't do it exactly like Harris did it, but the results were pretty similar.

Anyone notice I didn't badmouth the Stampeders at all?

3 Likes

I didn’t notice the sign but I’ve been calling him that since his first game.

1 Like

Good on you! I like language studies and I never thought of it 'til I saw the sign. I must say though that he is sehr gut!

2 Likes

It was natural for me as my first language is Dutch, which is pretty close to German.

My father was from Sweden as were both of my mother's parents. I didn't have much opportunity to learn from them. but a year and a half at U of Minnesota, several visits from Swedish relatives plus my three trips to "gamla landet" I got fairly good at it, but I'm a little rusty now.

I have a number or reasons why I don't follow NFL football, but one of the biggest is REAL VIKINGS NEVER WORE HORNED HELMETS!

1 Like

You're probably right. It made for good story telling though. That's how a good chunk of our history got passed down from generation to generation over the ages. Go back far enough and you're bound to hear tales that rival Marvel's Universe. Mostly lies... but the victor gets to write (few could write) their own version of things.

For all we know the original Thor might've been just a cranky over weight swordsman who had a really good team of embellishers like Brave Sir Robin:

I once ran across a mention of the first German opera company that used horned helmets, what year, and the name of the costume designer who dreamed up this weird idea. I wish I had recorded these facts but I didn't.

1 Like