Bombers @ Snagglepusses GDT

Might as well get it going early.

Courtesy of TSN:

Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. British Columbia Lions
Preview

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers and the British Columbia Lions will both be gunning for a victory on Saturday when they meet at Empire Fields.

Oddsmakers currently have the Lions listed as 5-point favorites versus the Blue Bombers, while the game's total is sitting at 53½.

The Blue Bombers were defeated 44-40 by the Alouettes in Week 13 as 5-point underdogs. That game's 84 points sailed OVER the posted over/under (53.5) set by oddsmakers.

Steven Jyles went for 328 yards with four touchdowns in that losing effort for the Blue Bombers, who led late in the fourth quarter.

Jamal Robertson returned to the lineup and ran for 140 yards with a TD in Week 13, leading the Lions to a 29-10 victory over the Stampeders. The Lions won that game as 11-point underdogs, while the 39 points went UNDER the posted total of 55 set by oddsmakers.

Current streak:
Winnipeg has lost 2 straight games.

Team records:
Winnipeg: 3-9 SU, 6-6 ATS
British Columbia: 4-8 SU, 5-7 ATS

Winnipeg most recently:
When playing in October are 6-4
When playing on turf are 2-8
After being outgained are 5-5
When playing outside the conference are 4-6

British Columbia most recently:
When playing in October are 7-3
When playing on turf are 3-7
After outgaining opponent are 3-7
When playing outside the conference are 5-5

A few trends to consider:
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Winnipeg's last 5 games when playing on the road against British Columbia
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Winnipeg's last 9 games when playing British Columbia
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Winnipeg's last 6 games on the road
Winnipeg is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
The total has gone UNDER in 5 of British Columbia's last 5 games when playing at home against Winnipeg
The total has gone UNDER in 8 of British Columbia's last 9 games when playing Winnipeg
The total has gone OVER in 6 of British Columbia's last 7 games at home
The total has gone OVER in 4 of British Columbia's last 5 games

Next up:
Winnipeg home to British Columbia, Monday, October 11
British Columbia at Winnipeg, Monday, October 11

All i can say about this “must win game” is:

Unless the refs suck again the Lions are in for an a$$ kicking, hope the arrogant BC fans are prepared!!

the Lions are playing better in many ways recently. however, if they don't learn how to score a touchdown, it's going to be hard for them to beat anyone. but they're still a dangerous team.

we all know we're a better team than our 3-9 record indicates, and with Jeffers-Harris and Carr both playing, plus the return of Hefney, I like our chances.

...the team looks a little sluggish....too bad we don't have Buck....could've made a difference...We have some good talent going into 2011 anyway .......no sense of urgency this year .....maybe next: :roll:

....oh and Lapolice...get some imagination for your offence....your calls stink..... while your at it get Brock Ralph the hell out of town....waste of space....there's a start for 2011.. :wink:

Gotta agree Papa, the offense lost this one. We could have put the stranglehold on in the 1st half, but way too many punts.

Very strange football team. .500 at home and 0-7 on the road... Too bad they don't play a little better on the road because IMO they are a better football team than Toronto, Edmonto and BC.

Lapo is a dud as a HC and a very conservative, predictable OC. Combine that with an inconsistent first year QB and you get the same results game after game.

think you are dead on actually which puts some doubt on my other post in another thread. however ...yes this is a very strange team i beleve the combination of young team and rookie HC is the key here. Joe Mack said some time back that he thought police would become a good head coach obviously admitting that while he sees the upside of Police he also realizes he has lots to learn. There is a reason that this team does not seem to perform well when the game is on the line. either is the D allowing the game winning drive or the O is melting down on the last critical play. to me that comes from the HC. I still beleive that Police will be a good HC maybe great Time will tell I really like this team .. young fast defence .. rapidly improving secondary and a real good front seven .. the Oline is a question mark. hopefully they can stay healthier next year. offensively I like Jyles although I worry about his mindset at teh end of games .. happy with running game not happy with the Canadian talent at reciever at all. dont like Ralph, hargreaves or Watson althought Watson is young. lots to look forward to next year I think and looking forward to the last 5.

Question for you all. I was watching the game but didn't have the sound on most of the time, so may have missed an explanation.

With a wonky BC kicker and a proven returner like JJ, why did the BBs not opt to receive the kick-off after the BC field goals? This happened at least twice. Seems like a odd thing to do...Was someone hurt? Or is this another rookie HC brain cramp?

Now, why would you make such a dumb, immature and condescending generalization like that and refer to the BC fans as arrogant? It isn't about the fans regardless of where they're from. It's about CFL football, what happens on the field and the love of the game. Why make it a personal thing?

It would be interesting if someone had the time to do some research and find out if there is much advantage to electing to take a kick off rather than take it from the 35 yard line. Many times teams elect to take the kick-off and take their chances to improve field position only to find that they would have been better off starting from the 35. But, like I say, it would be worth doing some research to see which option has the higher percentage statistically.