bombers sign wynn(and re-sign roberts)

i must say i am pleased with the bombers picking up wynn from the lions, training camp will be interesting with three unproven qbs battling it out for a chance to play. any could get the nod if they start strong. i for one am much more comfortable now even though wynn hasn't really done much yet it gives us one more option. lions fans, what do you think of him?

I personally never thought much of Spergon Wynn. On any other team, I'd say it isn't much of a pick-up. But with the Bombers, it could turn out as a good pick because you have no QB confirmed as the starter. You have one young guy who will probably benefit of his experience of being the starter last year. You have one young guy who's supposedly a marvel, but has yet to throw a ball in the CFL. And you have one young guy who faces what could be his last chance to ever become a starter in the CFL.

The upsides of it:

• With three young guns on board, you'd have to be a bit unlucky not to find at least one above-average pivot.
  • Knowing they all have an equal chance of becoming the number one guy, they'll probably give out the best of themselves to avoid being demoted or ranked as a back-up.

The downsides of it:

• Since all three of them seem to have about an equal value, they probably won't be allowed many mistakes before being substituted for one another. Young QBs have to make mistakes. It's part of gaining experience. To gain confidence, your starting QB must know he has the coach's support. He has to be able to remain on the field when things go wrong so that he develop his ability to fix mistakes and bring his team back from behind. Not to mention, you may be a little more nervous on the field when you know there are two guys on the sideline waiting to get your job.
  • The Bombers lack the presence of one experienced guy to help your three youngsters develop into better QBs. Calvillo became good learning from Tracy Ham. Drew Brees became good learning from Doug Flutie. Damon Allen became good learning from Adam (dating back from when there were only Adam, Eve and Damon).

But you are right. This does make your training camp interesting.

I liked the composure that I saw from Wynn late last year, when he went in in relief of Printers and Dickenson. But unfortunately he will still be the number three guy in WPG. Glenn will prove this year that he is a starter and can put up some impressive numbers. I'm predicting something like 4000+ yards for him, in a full season and somewhere near 25-30 TD's with about half of that in INTS, give or take 10.

I like this trade, but only if its a 2nd or third round pick that they traded for him. Everywhere that I have looked, nothing has been said as to the actual pick number. Surprisingly, with the contract extension of Roberts, salary numbers were not given out either. Although I have heard that he will be amongst the highest paid RB's in the league.

Good trade , a draft pick for a potential starter. How can you go wrong. I think the west just got a whole lot tighter. Strange of the Lions to bolster the Bombers line-up. Maybe payback for the Geroy gift. Wally has got to have other motives..... Spergon could be the deal of the year for the Big Blue. To quote a line from the Beatles 'it getting better all the time. Nice to see Blink signed to a good contract premier player. :lol: :smiley:

Spergon wasn't going to be happy here as #3 guy. Yes he did well in releif last year when Dickenson and Printers went down. He was the #2 guy in 2003 and there was really no room for movement this year. (Barring injury)

I liked what I saw (Very limited) of Spergon Wynn the last two years. I think Winnipegs depth just go better. Who knows who will come out as #1

I think Wynn will be number #2 and obviously see more playing time than he did with the Leos. It will be interesting and certainly adds depth to the QB position for Winnipeg. Good aquisition for the Big Blue.

I think Wynn will be number #2 and obviously see more playing time than he did with the Leos. It will be interesting and certainly adds depth to the QB position for Winnipeg. Good aquisition for the Big Blue.

i think he might start