Bombers sign veteran WR Naaman Roosevelt

WINNIPEG — The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have added another weapon to their offence, signing veteran American receiver Naaman Roosevelt on Monday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2021/08/30/bombers-sign-veteran-wr-naaman-roosevelt/

Glad he's landing somewhere. Underrated dude.

1 Like

We'll see what he has left....great time to have him play.

1 Like

How long will Naaman & Ali have to isolate?
7, 10 or 14.
Anyone know

1 Like

Glad to see Naaman back, a good veteran to add.

1 Like

I suspect he will be covid tested upon arrival . Then if clean after 10 days I believe he will be allowed to participate with the team. I base that on the way the ELKS are being handled after some of them tested +ive.

Thanks, I suspected that. Be nice to have them for the Banjo bowel

Due to a recent CFL regulation change regarding the border, the veteran will not have to complete a full seven-day quarantine after arriving in the Manitoba capital.

The Blue Bombers will return to the practice field on Wednesday in preparation for Sunday’s contest against their prairie rivals. Roosevelt will be eligible to begin practicing on Friday and dress in the game if the club chooses to insert him into the lineup.

2 Likes

I found this info on CBC news

The new rules mean players entering the country will not have to isolate for the typical 14-day period after arriving in Canada.

To qualify, players will have to complete seven days of isolation before departing for Canada and show a negative PCR test for COVID-19 72 hours before their departure.

Once they arrive, players will have to spend another seven days in isolation at a designated hotel. While at the hotel, players will be tested on days one, three and seven of their hotel quarantine.

If the tests are negative, players will then be allowed to leave the hotel and train with their teammates in isolation from the general public.

2 Likes

Hey that sounds promising, after many dropped passes this past game.

Thanks Grover

2 Likes

If Darvin Adams gets out of the infirmary for the next few games, Naaman Roosevelt will stay parked in reserve. Which is a good thing. It'll give him time to learn the offense. I never thought it was fair to throw an offensive skill position player into the mix before he knew his way around the playbook.

Welcome back to the greatest show on turf Naaman Roosevelt. I wish you all the best for a healthy and productive year with your new team, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers ! :wink: :football: :canada:

Naaman Roosevelt-new Als

1 Like

'The Greatest Show on Turf' is a little optimistic, but I like the thought. Cram Goodlow, Tuttle and Murphy into the mix and you'd be in the ballpark. Our QB's had some nice targets there. I wonder if we could drag Stegall back onto the field? He's still in pretty good shape. :grin:

Milt Stegall is always in shape.
Milt Stegall is always on time.
Milt Stegall always looks good.

:+1:

2 Likes

The street named after him could use a little work though. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

1 Like

And just 15 yards more than Stegall's longest TD run.

1 Like

And a day on Mars is only 37 minutes longer than our own. Imagine someone actually measuring Milt Stegall Drive to see if anything fit (number wise). I can just see Milt out there with a tape measure... :rofl:

2 Likes

My two favorite teams are the Edmonton Elks & my hometown Argos, I never cared to much for the Bombers. Except when they had this guy at quarterback ! :laughing:DieterBrock_HOF

1 Like

I liked 'Ralph' better than 'Dieter'. Ralph was happy to be here. Dieter kept his bags packed in the trunk of his car and tried everything to get out of his contract. He was a great QB to watch but his Jekyll and Hyde personna wore thin after a while. It felt soooo good to see Bombers crush the 'Cats with Clements at the helm and Brock under his foot. When he finally got his wish and wound up in the NFL in his mid 30's as 'a little old quarterback from Canada'... I had to start cheering for him again. He was totally unappreciated down there. I always root for a 'Canadian' underdog even if he happens to be an American. :laughing:

1 Like