Bombers sign Quinn

i definately agree pigseye, if u read some other forums i put in about Glenn ud see that i think really highly of him, like with the lack of recievers last year untill brazell came in, and how our offensive line was being swithced around as much as it was. what he did last year was amazing dispite not haveing a marquee QB to learn from, or a good QB coach. Kevin has alot of potential, and like ive said before, Anthony calvio was a chump QB when he started out, if u remember, look at him now! and under the coaching of Doug Berry, he became a 6 000 yard QB, i think Doug Berry is definately going to unlock that potential everyone knows that Kevin has. and with our recieving coprs with stegal, brazell, AJ lll, Stoddard and hopefull colon, and our offensive line which amazingly allowed the third fewest QB sacks in the league last year despite being changed around as much as it was.....being stable this year it will be even better. and under the coaching of Doug Berry he could reach the 5 000 mark, hes also got roberts and regimbauld to pass to out of the backfield.

however, if this new QB, is better then Glenn, then that Just means that we are that much better, and we'd have a solid QB package with Michna at 3rd....
although michna may only seem to be really good because we were comparing him with tee martin. but he worked well under pressure and got good drives together with what little playing time he had, so thats a plus, and with Quinn being 32, hes not our future. Glenn is younger, and so far our best, which makes him our future. but it would be even better if the two had to compete for the job in practice everyday, it would only make them that much better.

agree…we have loads of young raw qbs who need seasoning, quin brings the veteran flavour to the mix…I am sure that he will be an asset even if just too help bring the young guys along…he could also be an asset late in games or down the stretch if glenn gets happy feet…its always nice to have a vet at the controls late in a game or on a last minute drive…

I hope this guy isn't another Tee martin but I don't think he will be cause of one thing, intellegence. Tee made some very bad descions on the field and then Michna comes in and scores. Besides even as a back up Quinn must have made some good coin. So, money isn't and issue with him. He's here to "play" not hold clip board. It'll all depend on his patience to wait for his chance on the field to show his stuff. Maybe He will be another KJ, late bloomer. Besides being in the ALs training camp last year, he will already know some of the the system thats going to be put in place before the other 3 QBs do.

....according to Berry....Quinn picked up a feel for the Cfl. game in a hurry...came in cold and called plays from the top of his head that were impressive...apparently he left and went back to the states because of the fact that Calvillo was the ALS solid starter....and being an intelligent man .. knew .there was no way he was going to move him out ....I believe Quinn thought he could be a starter in this league....and if he still has that mindset....it will be a very interesting t.c. ...to say the least....I always liked the thinking qb....not always the fastest ...but smart.....ex. Kenny Ploen....good arm and man could he ever make a quick and solid decisions in a hurry ....that usually ended successfully.....maybe the Bombers have a found another one... :wink:

i really can't wait to see what this guy can do, im really excited for training camp, to say the least. im also really ecited to see Glenn progress though the season under coach Berry, and to see what our DB's can do under Greg Marshal, thats also a must see.

Agree, 123...the anticapation is getting me down also...hope Quinn is not another Tee Martin..
I remember alot of Bomber fans talking about, the merits of Tee Martin, including myself..
But in Tee's defense, our O line sucked, when he had his kick at the cat.
Marshall will be an improvement, but only time will tell, how much of an improvement.?

i think it will be a huge one, remember how good our defense was when we had Rod Rust? i think it was the scheme that did our defense in last year, not the secondary. think about it, we had fields, evans, franklin etc. and now we have malbrough, hall, samules, franklin, evans, fields, now a nerw speedy richardson with Greg Marshall. this guy has good schemes, plus a new Defensive leader in simpson, who was compared to milts leadership on offence. a great defensive line, woodson and simpson at linebacker, hopefully wickman can have another stellar season. gallant at safety. im excited to see this D. im going to laugh at red and raw later when our D proves itself.

but i think we should work on Mckinlay, he led the team in special teams tackles, so hes great in open field, super aggressive. i think he has alota potential, plus he's canadian. we need more great canadian starters, thats why i think we should work more on getting colon. he's got a lot of potential also. i think we can build a canadian 1000 yard reciever in him. the guy grabs everything.

i played as Quinn on Madden and dominated with him lol. they only rate him like a 65, and they only rated ricky ray a 69. so.... i dunno. if hes only 4 points behind ricky ray he must be good CFL caliber QB. im excited to see this guy in action, thats for sure.

what team does he play on in madden?

what team does he play on in madden?

in madden 2006 he's a free agent, so all u have to do is sign him