Bombers sign DL Willie Jefferson to extension

You SOUND as if your feelings are VERY hurt.

By the way, there are a few things Willie J has failed to do. He didn’t wangle two seasons of paychecks for playing only one season’s worth of games. Also, he DIDN’T draw a four-game suspension and then end up banished from the league.

By the way, it appears your O-line could have used Pat Neufeld this year.

3 Likes

Years ago Pat started out with the Riders but they traded him to us when he was 24. At the time we sucked and he nearly quit… but two Grey Cups later he’s happy with the way things turned out.

Like a fungus (the kind that gets you high) we kinda grew on him. :mushroom: :beaver:

1 Like

Yeah. The point of the thread. Willie Jefferson resigning for 1 more year in Winnipeg. Don’t think it was an invitation to come troll. But maybe I read it right. Because as “long in the tooth” as he may be, I am fairly certain there are 8 other teams that would jump at the chance to sign.

3 Likes

Nobody’s trolling. I simply made a relevant comment to the article.

No you are trolling as was your new buddy.

You post on an article relating to Jefferson’s signing that you hope they overpaid. You then falsely state that the Bombers couldn’t keep up with the Argos and that the score flattered them. It seems as if you didn’t see the game as the Bombers lost by one point on a last minute shanked field goal. Hardly a blowout and Toronto couldn’t stop Winnipeg from getting into field goal range in the last two minutes. The Bombers didn’t play their best game, but no Bomber fan is saying they deserved the win. They just didn’t execute when it counted and lost the game. It simply isn’t true that the score flattered them and they were blown out.

It is particularly ironic that you say all this from inside your all glass house as you are a Rider fan. I don’t see other Rider fans being disrespectful to the Bombers. If it is so important to you that the Bombers lost I would recommend you celebrate in private or on the Rider cult site you belong to. You might also want to be looking for that olive branch that you spoke of not long ago. Obviously that wasn’t true either.

1 Like

He ain’t wanted on rider only posts either

4 Likes

Nah you just don’t like that some don’t worship the Bombers.

As for my comment, Argos dropped three picks and missed two field goals. Double digit Argo win if they make those plays

I couldn’t care less whether others don’t worship the Bombers. I don’t even “worship” them. It’s a football game not a life changing event.

You can pick out all kinds of missed opportunities on both sides throughout the game as you can in any close game. One play by either team could have made a difference but missed plays are part of the game. I am assuming that you also think that the ‘21 Grey Cup was a blowout in favour of the Ticats. Like ‘21 this year’s game could easily have gone into OT had Liegghio made his last convert. Not sure how you can’t see that both games were close and could have gone either way, unless you are obsessed with running down the Bombers, probably because of the pain you have after the Riders season.

1 Like

I have no pain, Jon. I understand that football is a game of youth; players who were dominant aren’t always so… playing a full 18 game schedule as you age becomes hardwr and harder.

First and foremost I enjoy casually watching the game even when my team isn’t playing and watch most games in a given season. Its just my analysis as I thought thats the purpose of a discussion forum. No need to engage with you anymore because you clearly can’t handle it.

Both combatants here are exercising their free speech rights to engage in a massive battle of 'IFS & BUTS'.
Both arguments have merit - the Bombers were within a shanked, fairly short field goal to take the lead - but there were 54 sec. left on the clock. No guarantee a gassed Wpg. D would have been able to withstand Chad Kelly's assault on their well-being.
The Argos could have had a double digit (10 or more) win by taking advantage of Collaros' first half goofs. It was an embarrassing performance for the league MOP who ended up being the Grey Cup games' worst performer (no such award presented in the interest of lovely word play)
Collaros had a slightly off outing in the Western Final but the Bombers had a strong ground game and were able to throttle a paralyzed Nathan Rourke other than garbage time.
In the Grey Cup Collaros shat the bed. I admire Collaros because even he will tell you such.
Next season, as Collaros' arm starts showing more signs of wear 'n tear, his legs no longer to be more than a spot scrambler and a porous pass-blocking o-line will have the Bombers engaging in weekly tests of will against both the CFL worst and the CFL's best teams.
From what I saw in 2 playoff games - the Bombers will certainly NOT be a 15-3 team next season.
If they choose to delay their needed rebuild and continue to flow with the old guys and a honeyman kicker they'll land somewhere between 8-10 and 12-6. . . . . and the latter record would flatter their current rate of decline!

2 Likes

Ahhemmm…Started with who? Went to Saskatchewan as an FA from Edmonton, while we had a bunch of %$&#wits running the team.
Between then and now all Kyle Walters had to do was pick up the phone and say “sure we will take (long list of draft picks and development players from Edmonton)”.
When current management showed up Mother Hubbard’s cupboard looked full to overflowing by comparison with what they had to work with.

Good signing for the Bombers. The labour market has swung in the owners favour this year though with the massive number of free agents available so I can see a lot of guys signing where they are before free agency.

2 Likes

Well that sounds promising. Maybe we’ll all get what we want this Christmas (no more sad bag for Squishy next season). :grinning:

I just got back from out of country , did the Bombers really choke in the Grey Cup game ? Weren’t their fans bragging about how great and invincible they were ? Weren’t they guaranteeing people a 3 peat ? What happened ? Last year was luck I’m guessing

1 Like

Nothing to do with the thread topic. Couldn’t you just have trolled from outside of the country?

2 Likes

Guess they took lessons from Calgary :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Not quite. CGY lost TWO consecutive to teams with a combined record of 17-18-1. WPG lost to a team that went 11-7.

2 Likes

Yeah - when I’m down and need a laugh - I can just think about those games and start giggling - watching them is outright belly laughs…

This GC was no flop on your face and hand a game you have won to the opposition like Calgarys were.

2 Likes

They are still bragging about how great and invincible they are. Some have already planned the parade for next year

At least they will have something to celebrate…

4 Likes

No one is bragging and no one has planned any parades. Do you make this stuff up on your own or do you have help? Did you even read the thread title which is not “Let’s Troll Bomber Fans”.

1 Like